The flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama has described the late Togbega Gabusu VI, Paramount Chief of the Gbi Traditional Area as a brother.
He said his friendship with the late traditional ruler was a result of “an incident” which occurred in the area.
Mr Mahama said the relationship between them grew stronger and it was, therefore, appropriate to pay tribute to his memory.
The former President who signed the book of condolence in Hohoe when he toured the Volta Region said he would support the Council to give the late ruler a befitting burial.
“We pray for the demise of Togbega. We also pray for more new doors for the area,” he said.
Togbe Keh XII, Divisional Chief of Gbi Wegbe, on behalf of the Council and the traditional area expressed gratitude to Mr. Mahama for his kind gesture and support for the Council.
He said although the Council had suspended the signing of the book of condolence due to the coronavirus pandemic, the good relationship between the two enabled them to offer another opportunity.
The NDC’s National, Regional and Constituency Executives, National Campaign team accompanied the former President, who presented some items to the Council.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Trader jailed for impregnating his physically challenged daughter
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
Man Utd through to Europa League final despite loss
Arsenal’s Europa League hopes ended by Villareal
#FixTheCountry: Government is doing itself a disservice if it keeps being mute – Dr Kobby Mensah
Restriction order against #FixTheCountry protest very strange – Samson Lardy Anyenini
Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s economy and the business environment
I couldn’t pursue higher education but developed my talent to be successful -Amankwa-Ampofo
Wives of Ghana Baptist Convention Pastors lament poor welfare of husbands
Arrive Alive: Alban Bagbin endorses road safety campaign
Akufo-Addo’s government has a track record for fixing problems, we will overcome Covid challenges – Bawumia
Students of Obuasi Sec Tech develop smart ballot box
Chieftaincy Ministry condemns ‘Pneumatica Night’; charges police to prosecute leaders over Covid-19 protocols
Cost of getting elected to positions is the root of corruption – Asiedu Nketia
#FixTheCountry: We’ll use the courts to set aside order against May 9 protest – Economic Fighters League
Ahafo Health Director grateful to stakeholders for Covid-19 control
Domestic fires continue to dominate in Upper East Region