The NPP Chairman for the Lawra Constituency in the Upper West Region, Alhaji Mohammed Donkor is reported to have been attacked by some armed supporters of the party.
Sources say the men, fully armed, attacked the occupants of a campaign vehicle driven by the chairman’s personal driver and confiscated the pickup.
The incident is reported to have occurred on Sunday, November 22 at about 11:30 pm.
Confirming the said incident, Alhaji Mohammed Donkor noted that although persons in his vehicle were attacked, they all escaped unharmed.
“We returned from Brifor Chaa where we went for a campaign. So when we got to Lawra I asked the driver to go and drop some people who travelled from the village to support us in the campaign.
“So it was on his way that Karbo’s boys attacked him with cutlasses and took my vehicle away,” he added.
The Lawra NPP Chairman disclosed that the incident has been reported to the Lawra Municipal Police Command for investigation.
Upper West Regional Organiser of the NPP, Mustapher Goveh revealed that party executives have been brought to speed on the alleged attack.
According to him, Alhaji Mohammed Donkor has been accused of using the party’s pickup to campaign against the Lawra MP and Deputy Minister of Roads and Highways, Anthony Abaefaa Karbo.
But some party supporters claim the regional executives of the party have already taken sides in the feud between the Lawra MP and the party chairman.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa