Lele Group of Companies, importers of Lele products and other range of products have donated money and various items to the Ghana Covid-19 Trust Fund in support of the nation’s fight against the coronavirus.
The CEO of Lele Group, Hussein Jabir, presented the donations at the Jubilee House on Tuesday April 7, 2020. In his remarks Mr. Jabir stated that as a Ghanaian, he and his company are concerned about the threat that Covid-19 poses to the country and its people.
He further said that his company is committed to Ghana’s fight against the coronavirus hence the donation.
Mr. Hussein Jabir presented a cheque for GH¢100,000 and assorted goods valued at GH¢30,000 to the Covid-19 Fund.
The Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei Opare received the donations. She expressed her gratitude on behalf of the Covid-19 Fund and the nation for the gesture, sighting the Lele Group as an example worth emulating.
She mentioned that the philanthropy of the Lele Group and other donors to the Fund serve as a motivation to those fighting in the frontlines and to the nation as a whole.
She urged all Ghanaians to do what they could within their means, to help kick the virus out of our jurisdiction.
This is one of several donations that the Lele Group has made towards the fight against Covid-19. The first donation was made to the Tema General Hospital, the Tema Regional Police Command and the Eastern Naval Command amounting to about GH¢30,000.
The company plans to do further donations to three local government authorities – Ashaiman Municipal Assembly, Tema Metropolitan Assembly and the Kpone Katamanso Municipal Assembly.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- I love listening to music more than recording – Kelvyn Boy
- Bring Mohammed Muntaka to book – NDC executives told
- Uganda Anti-Homosexuality bill: Life in prison for saying you’re gay
- Oforikrom Assembly signs MoU with Crops Research Institute to improve vegetable production
- Woman arrested for cooking after reopening of Kejetia Market
- Saudi government provides parcels to Muslims ahead of Ramadan
- African scientists urge governments to invest in appropriate regulatory mechanisms for biotech products
- NDC primaries: We need a people-centered leader in Ketu North – Edem Agbana
- Referee suspended for using spectator’s mobile phone to disallow goal
- NIB arrest some ECG IT personnel over recent prepaid vending challenges
- Vodafone cash and MobileMoney Limited partner to enable merchant interoperability
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at Coach Hene Sports Club
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- ECG takes Fabrimetal steel company off national grid over ¢28m debt
- Police intercept 336 bags of cocoa beans being smuggled to Ivory Coast