‘Global Handwashing Day’ is celebrated annually on October 15th, 2021 to promote hand washing with soap and water as an easy, effective, and affordable way to prevent diseases and save lives.
In line with this, PZ Cussons organized this year’s celebration at the 37 Lorry Park station, in Accra, to engage Ghanaians on proper hand washing habit.
Speaking to Joy Business, Category Marketing Manager and Personal Care, MaryAnn Boaten, said Ghanaians should change their hand washing habit, especially in the advent of Covid-19.
“What we noticed is that after the year 2020, things have begun to go back to normal; but in order for us to move forward together so that such pandemic don’t happen again, we need to change our hand washing habit”,
Explaining why the company opted for a lorry station for the event, she indicated that commuters are very much at risk, thus the need to get closer and educate them on the importance of the hand washing habit.
“One of the things we also noticed was that commuters are always at risk and when you are moving you don’t have running water with you, so having a Carex sanitizer with you will be of help”.
‘Global Handwashing Day’ is an international hand washing promotion campaign to motivate and mobilize people around the world to improve their hand washing habits.
- Beware of Kabuki dance to reverse irreversible rejection of 2022 budget – Amidu
- Martin Amidu: The arrogance and impunity of power – Parliamentary rejection of 2022 Budget statement
- Majority and Minority meet separately ahead of ‘fresh discussions’ on 2022 budget
- Didier Drogba hosts tonight’s Ballon d’Or event
- ‘A job is much more than an income, it is a key to dignity, self-reliance and empowerment’ – Duffuor
- Akufo-Addo is running ‘democratic-autocratic’ government – Amidu
- Police officer remanded for allegedly harassing a lady
- Ghana is not a secular state – Sam George
- Bagbin travelled to Dubai with a skeletal staff – Speaker’s counsel
- 2022 budget: Speaker’s decision is proper but can be challenged – Inusah Fuseini
Barbados becomes a republic and parts ways with the Queen
Vestergaard and Noguchi Memorial Institute celebrate 10 years of partnership in malaria fight
Oxford Business Group and African Economic Zones Organisation launch landmark analysis
Covid-19: Omicron variant in Netherlands earlier than thought
New book to improve diaspora investment in Ghana outdoored
Rest Assured with Bancassurance from Standard Chartered
Italian Trade Agency and Embassy in Accra celebrate Italian cuisine and wine in Accra
There’ll be serious consequences if budget is not approved – Stephen Amoah
Women’s Super Cup: Soccer Intellectuals’ Abalansa allegedly attacks referee in game against Prisons Ladies
New York Mayor-Elect Eric Adams heads to Ghana for long-planned trip
‘2022 Budget will be approved; action to start in 45 minutes’ – K. T. Hammond
‘JS Saoura are bound to lose a home game’ – Samuel Boadu
Contributions of women to good governance ideal for democracy and economic growth – Diana Oppong Mensah
Meet Prof Elsie Effah Kaufmann’s adorable children
Soccer Intellectuals’ Abalansa denies attacking referee