Pharmaceutical giant, Ernest Chemists Limited has presented assorted medications to the Kwahu Government Hospital at Atibie in the Eastern Region.
The medications are to support the facility in its operations in caring for the sick.
At the ceremony, the company presented several medications ranging from anti-hypertensives, antibiotics, pain reliever, antidiabetics, disinfectants, infusions and other hospital consumables.
Presenting the items to the Medical Superintendent of the hospital, the Marketing Manager of Ernest Chemists Limited, Mr Richard Twumasi, said, “ the CEO, Mr Ernest Bediako Sampong, has decided that the company lend some support to the hospital to help alleviate the pressure that it goes through.
He said the slogan of providing quality and affordable medicines and the interest in supporting the less privileged and vulnerable in society were the reasons behind the gesture.
"The donation is to assist the facility to bring relief to the less privileged who cannot afford the medication bill but need the quality medication to complete their treatment," he said.
The Medical Superintendent, Dr Arko Akoto-Ampaw, said the facility was very grateful for the gesture and pleased to know that Ernest Chemists had thought of them thereby coming to support them with medications.
He stated that the facility would use the medications to assist patients who could not afford their medication bills.
He said proceeds from the donation would be used to assist in the running of the hospital.
Dr Akoto-Ampaw wished Ernest Chemists well and also added that such gestures motivated the staff so much and would assist the workers in bringing timely relief to their patients even if they had financial challenges regarding their medications.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- A bit of meat, a lot of veg - the flexitarian diet to feed the planet
- 5 behaviours that seem 'normal' but could be signs of emotional abuse
- 'Upskirting' to be criminalised in England, Wales
- Gender Ministry, Breast Care launch cancer quiz
- Researchers design long-acting contraceptive administered by microneedle
- 8 relationship experts define cheating
- Bel-Aqua educates customers on transporting, storing water
- Third of UN workers 'sexually harassed'
- 3 anti-ageing tips for your hands, neck & chest
- What is the right age to lose your virginity?
- First Lady leads campaign to break stigma of infertility
- 20 biggest regrets of people who married young
- Shenen Cosmetics names social media influencers as brand ambassadors
- Sit less and move more to reduce risk of early death, study says
- Things that are making it hard for you to move on after a breakup