The wife of late Captain Major Maxwell Mahama, Barbara, is mourning the devastating loss of her husband three years after his painful demise.
On May 30, 2017, news emerged that residents of Denkyira-Obuasi, now New Obuasi in the Central Region had lynched army officer, Major Maxwell Adam Mahama to death after mistaking him for a thief.
The late Major Mahama’s attackers beat him to death with stones, building blocks and sticks and set him on fire on May 29, 2017.
Following the horrific incident, photos and videos of the barbaric act surfaced online that left Ghanaians utterly broken.
On May 29, 2019 Ghana’s Minister of Defence, Dominic Nitiwul, unveiled a statue of Major Mahama at Airport Hills Roundabout in Accra to serve as a national campaign against mob action.
Three years after his death, his wife continues to mourn him.
In a latest post on social media, she shared a unique artwork of her husband’s image along with a heart-breaking caption.
View this post on Instagram
It feels like you ‘ve been gone for just 3 days. Continue to rest well Maxwell. We miss you is an understatement. Jaden still remembers that you told him you were going to come back from that journey #foreverloved #3years #majormahama #cherishedmemories #specialsoul #personalangel #ourhero
”It feels like you‘ve been gone for just three days. Continue to rest well Maxwell. We miss you is an understatement. Jaden still remembers that you told him you were going to come back from that journey #foreverloved #3years,” she wrote.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR
- Stars in Worship 2022: A night of pure worship and gifts
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition
- Belgium’s Eden Hazard announces international retirement
- World Lottery boss, other global lottery leaders in Ghana for ‘NLA@60’
- Reduction of benchmark discount may have contributed to rising inflation – Deloitte
- Dilapidated Adjiringanor ADMA Basic School becoming a death trap
- Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
- George Addo Jnr: Otto Addo leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- Ghana need IMF badly, return to Fund will improve government’s fiscal position – Deloitte
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ready to challenge ‘terrifying favourites’ Brazil – Zlatko Dalic
- ICUMS operations saves importers over high cost of – Ghana Link
- Tanzania cancels independence celebration, diverts funds to build dormitories for kids