A new offer from the adults-only Anantara Veli in Maldives will allow travelers to use the resort as a personal vacation crash pad — but it’s going to cost you.
The $30,000 package covers the use of a two-person overwater bungalow at the private-island property for unlimited use over 2021, with airport transfers and breakfast thrown in for good measure.
Maldives resort offers $30K ‘all-you-can-stay’ package https://t.co/4zcHw5B3q6— Kautilya (@AmatyaKautilya) November 16, 2020
There will also be discounts on add-ons, which include Ayurvedic spa treatments, Maldivian cooking lessons and water activities like diving, snorkeling and surfing.
While that price tag is admittedly high, it’s less than the cost of a permanent vacation home in many parts of the world.
Another potential bonus: it will go nicely with the new first-of-its-kind countrywide loyalty program that Maldives is rolling out in 2021.
In September 2020, officials in the Indian Ocean country announced that a three-tier tourist loyalty program called Maldives Border Miles would debut next year.
Though specifics for how the program will work on a practical level have not yet been revealed, there are Gold, Silver and Bronze levels, which will correspond to the amount of money spent in-country and will come with rewards and perks for frequent visitors.
Maldives, which is heavily dependent on international tourism for its economy, was relatively early to open up its borders amidst the global coronavirus crisis.
The archipelago’s geography helped considerably, as most tourist accommodation is on private islands or atolls removed from the densely packed capital of Malé.
According to data from Johns Hopkins University, Maldives has had 12,059 confirmed cases of Covid-19, with only 12 deaths.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today
- Elikem Asenath Naa Obiorkor Commey
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled
- Africa’s biotechnology heroes celebrated on OFAB Day
- Queen Elizabeth II died of “old age” – Death certificate reveals
- Uganda gives green light to organ transplants
- Peace deal’ signed by Nigerian presidential rivals
- $100m of Ghana’s oil money unaccounted for – Minority raises alarm
- Mozambique police urges ‘knives and machetes’ war on jihadists
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people