Sampson Koku Atafi who’s believed to be in his 30s has allegedly shot himself to death after shooting his girlfriend.
The incident happened at Alavanyo Wududi in the Hohoe Municipality of the Volta Region on Wednesday.
Mr Atafi who suspected Melody Owusu of cheating on him traced her to the location of her new boyfriend.
The jealous lover waited after confirming the lady was in her new boyfriend’s room, before firing a gun at her.
Residents who spoke to Joy News said that Miss Owusu was fortunate to have survived the gunshots although she had injuries on her left breast.
“Sampson Ataafi suspected the lady of cheating on him so he ambushed her and her new boyfriend at about 1 am,” an eyewitness said.
Mr Atafi, however, shot himself with the same gun thinking he had shot Ms Owusu to death.
According to reports, Mr Atafi has been buried without the approval of the police whilst the lady is receiving treatment at the Margaret Margaret hospital in Kpando.
The police have started investigating the issue.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue