Audio By Carbonatix
The Ajumako District Magistrate's Court has sentenced a 22-year old farmer from Amoanda, near Breman Asikuma, in the Central Region to 24 months imprisonment in hard labour for stealing some fresh cocoa beans from a farm.
Kwame Aduful pleaded guilty.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Gershon Awuye told the court, presided over by Mr. Kwasi Boakye Enimil, said the complainant of the case is also a farmer from Amoanda.
He said on October 9, about 1400 hours, the complainant whose name was not mentioned in court went to his farm and detected that some of the ripped cocoa pods had been taken away.
The prosecution said the complainant conducted his own investigations and discovered that it was the accused person who stole his cocoa beans.
Chief Inspector Awuye said the complainant arrested Aduful in the town and handed him over to the Breman Asikuma Police.
He said at the police station Aduful admitted the offence and helped the police to retrieve the cocoa, which was later handed over to the owner.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
3 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
3 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
3 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
3 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
3 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
3 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
3 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
3 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
4 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
4 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
4 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
4 hours