The Bibiani Circuit Court has sentenced a 30-year-old farmer to 12 years imprisonment with hard labour for defiling an 8-year-old girl at Sehwi Kwame Tawiakrom in the Western North Region.
The presiding judge, His Lordship Caleb Abbaido said the culprit acted contrary to Section 101 of Criminal Offences Act, 1960 [Act 29].
The prosecuting officer, Chief Inspector Agyeman Benjamin explained to the court that on January 16, 2023, at about 2:00pm, the convict, Kwadwo Asare left home to work on his farm which is very close to the victim’s residence.
He therefore called the 8-year-old girl to accompany him to his farm, purportedly to collect something for her mother. When they got to a nearby cocoa farm, Kwadwo Asare grabbed the victim, removed her panties and forcibly had sexual intercourse with her.
However, Kwadwo Asare initially found it difficult to penetrate the victim’s vagina with his penis. He therefore had to apply saliva on the penis before he could do so.
After ejaculation, the victim started bleeding from the vagina. Asare thus told the 8-year-old girl to go home and keep quiet about her ordeal else she will die.
On reaching home, the victim acted accordingly.
After a few days, the victim could not walk properly. This attracted the attention of her father, Kwabena Asiamah who enquired what was happening from her daughter.
Upon interrogation, the victim disclosed that one Kwadwo Asare forcibly had sexual intercourse with her on a cocoa farm.
The incident was reported to the Police at Adjofua and Asare was arrested.
A Police medical report form was issued for the victim to undergo medical examination at a hospital.
The medical report indicated that her hymen had been broken.
Kwadwo Asare admitted the offence in his caution statement but pleaded for mercy.
He was therefore sentenced to 12 years imprisonment with hard labour.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day