A 44-year-old plumber from Menzkrom has been arrested by the Dansoman branch of the Domestic Violence and Victims Support Unit (DOVVSU) of the Ghana Police Service for reportedly having a series of wild sexual bouts with his 15-year-old daughter.
Suspect William Sakyie was said to have started engaging his daughter in the incestuous affair when she was 13 years.
With beatings and threats that he would no longer take care of the victim’s educational needs, the incest father, according to a family member, was able to get away with it until February 10 2010, when he was arrested.
According to a family source, the suspect took custody of the victim from the mother when she was only one and a half years old.
William started his sexual advances towards the victim after the divorce with his second wife, the source intimated, stressing that the suspect often beat the victim and denied her feeding fee whenever she resisted him.
The source averred that the victim finally reported the matter to the police when she could no longer bear the abuse.
Narrating the incident to the paper, the victim said William Sakyie, after the day’s work, often mounted her every night while she was sleeping.
She said, “I kept the matter to myself until February 10, 2010. My father, after work, pounced on me that night as usual, to have sex with me and when I refused, he gave me some beatings and finally succeeded in sleeping with me.'”
Confirming the story, the Public Relations officer of DOVVSU, Inspector Irene Opong, indicated that the victim had been given a form for medical examination whilst the suspect was being prepared for court.
Source: Daily Guide
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Government should brace itself for a possible showdown should it attempt salary reduction – GRNMA
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WMO holds 19th congress to accelerate and scale up climate action
- Sevilla beat Roma on penalties to win 7th Europa League title
- Ghana makes strong case to be considered for SOFF at WMO congress in Geneva
- Increase ambition to safeguard our oceans – Akufo-Addo urges African nations
- Baby Jet U-16 Tournament: Asamoah Gyan pays courtesy call on Sports Minister ahead of event
- Bank Managers call on government to flush out ‘black market’ operators
- Judiciary must not be seen as bias in setting timelines for cases – Pumpuni Asante
- Seun Kuti opens up on experience in ‘three-person cell’ with 30 inmates
- We use ‘second-hand’ diapers, toilet rolls during menses – Girls admit as Mace supplies free sanitary pads
- Air New Zealand weighing passengers before flying
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election