The McDan Foundation Tennis Training Matches got underway on Monday at the Accra Sports Stadium.
The games being organised in a knockout format featured 16 professional men’s singles matches.
The standout fixture between Francis Gbolornyo and Ghana’s top seed, Jepheth Bagerbaseh saw Jepheth edge out Francis in two straight sets with a score of 6-2,6-2.
In an interview with Joy Sports after his game, Jepheth explained that it was difficult for him to maintain his form during the lockdown period.
His opponent Gbolony commended the quality of Jepheth and indicated that it will be wrong for him to blame his defeat on poor form due to a long break because Bagerbaseh put in a very good performance.
Below are the rest of the results;
* Daniel Anum Quartey v Samuel Nyamekye
* Desmond Ayaba v Abubakar Yakubu
* Jepheth Bagerbaseh v Francis Gbolonyo
* Richard Okine v Joshua Nunoo
* Bernard Ashitey Armaah v Raphael Dowouna
* Michael Asokwa v Bright Nortey
4-6, 6-1, 6-3
* Reginald Okantey v Ishmael Nii Noi Dowouna
6-4, 3-6, 6-2
* Pascal Ziyab v Emmanuel Wettey
* Samuel Antwi v Benjamin Ababio
* Richmond Armaah v Henry Asokwa
* Patrick Tenkorang v Giovanni Adinyira
* Emmanuel Antwi v Kenneth Adjokatse
* Clement Alisi v Aaron Asante
4-6, 6-3, 6-4
* Benjamin Fumi v Louis Nyaaba
* Felix Hammond v Andrews Adu-Appiah
* Johnson Acquah v Agassi Tomegah
The McDan Foundation Tennis Traning Matches is in to replace the McDan and ITF tennis tournament which had to be called off due to complications surrounding the outbreak of the coronavirus.
The games will run for 2 weeks with the round of games in the Junior sets of the second week serving as qualification fixtures for the national teams.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Prince Philip’s cause of death has been confirmed
- Demolish structures along ‘Right Of Way’ for railway projects – Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
We must reassess the composition of NDPC – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
Akufo-Addo has the power to allow #FixTheCountry protest – Martin Kpebu
Koforidua GPRTU urges drivers to remain calm over fuel adjustment
Orthopedic Association of Ghana wants immediate action on road accidents in Ghana
2021 VGMA: I want Diana Hamilton to win Artiste of the Year – Eno Barony
Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
Tanzanian city ‘running low on condoms’
It will be hypocritical for Akufo-Addo to prosecute leaders of Christ Embassy’s ‘Pneumatica Night’ – Sammy Gyamfi
Galamsey has not stopped, it’s destroying us; Akufo-Addo must do better – Nhyiaeso MP
Champions League final: Fans should not travel to Turkey, says UK government
European Super League: Nine clubs given financial sanctions by Uefa over breakaway
Power outages: Board’s approval needed for compensation to begin for affected consumers – PURC
PURC to work out compensations for consumers affected by power outages
King Promise announces signing to 5K Records/Sony Music UK
PURC concludes investigation on recent power outages