A Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Dr Michael Macarthy, says men equally have a significant role in the pregnancy journey of their significant partners.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Ultimate Health on Sunday, the health practitioner said the men must support their partners emotionally and physically during the nine-month journey.
“The men are the primary supporters of their pregnant women. And they play multiple roles. First, they play the role of the moderator; they observe what is going on.
“They play the role of the one who will intervene. They play the role of the supporter by ensuring that their partners heed the instructions of the doctor,” he said.
On her part, the Chief Executive of Float Wellness Spa, Dzidzor Arkutu, said pregnancy is a different experience for everyone.
In view of that, the Wellness Expert said it is important that every woman appreciates the journey.
“Everybody is different, and everybody has a different experience with pregnancy. So it is more of personal consultation and not a general one. So we get to understand exactly where the woman is and how we can help her.
“Sometimes, it is about building confidence in her body that she can carry the pregnancy. And you’ll be surprised how much consultation is needed to build this kind of confidence in women. Sometimes her skin changes.
“She has acne, and her body is changing; how to bring the woman to accept, acknowledge and appreciate her journey is what we look at.”
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid