A nurse at the Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital is receiving treatment after he was bitten by a mentally-ill patient.
The incident reportedly happened Friday when the nurse was trying to break a fight between the patient and a colleague at the facility.
He narrated to Joy News’ Central Regional Correspondent, Richard Kwadwo Nyarko the patient violently attacked his colleague after they told him to wait for his turn to play.
But while trying to stop the fight, he felt the teeth of the patient in his flesh. They sunk deep into his flesh, he said.
“I had no option than to allow him to bite as much as he can,” he told the reporter.
He explained he would have been fatally wounded if he had struggled with the patient.
“If I had struggled with him, he would have taken the flesh off,” he said, adding he saved himself from further danger.
The incident occurred less than 24 hours after workers at the Hospital declared a sit-down strike over the behavior of the Director, Dr Eugene Dordorye.
The staff claimed the Director has been against progress at the Hospital and have petitioned the Health Ministry and Ghana Health Service to withdraw him.
Richard Kwadwo Nyarko reported patients who visited the Hospital Thursday were not able to access services because of the protest, with most offices locked.
Meanwhile, Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman Manu has implored the workers to go back to work, while he investigates their claims for an amicable solution.
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Akuapem Poloo regains freedom after meeting bail conditions
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
- 3 police officers in Seikwa interdicted for secretly burying man who died in custody
- NSS personnel on Legon campus in critical condition after falling from 4th floor of building
- Man poisoned by pregnant ex-girlfriend a week to his wedding in Nigeria
- Abandon agenda 111 hospitals to resource NHIS – Abekah-Nkrumah tells government
- I was the least expected candidate – John Kumah speaks on his deputy ministerial appointment
- Brazilian midfielder Fabio Gama will consider nationality switch to play for Ghana
Universal Music Group signs distribution deal with Ghanaian musician, Luminary-DMR
Denzel Bentley to challenge Commonwealth middleweight champion
Yuonuoriyir JHS students study under tree after storm ripped off school’s roof
South African rapper, AKA, breaks silence on tragic death of fiancée
Ghana, African leaders must push for single-dose Covid-19 vaccine – KNUST Virologist
Sam Jonah: Down the up escalator – Reflections on Ghana’s future by a senior citizen
Jailed robber sheds tears in court
Government urged to introduce preventive healthcare onto NHIS
AfDB approves proposal to clear $413m arrears owed by Sudan
Ashanti Region records 581 road fatalities in first quarter of 2021
Man poisoned by pregnant ex-girlfriend a week to his wedding in Nigeria
Lands Commission sensitised on RTI Law
Four killed in fire at residential building in Bangladeshi capital
Digital media can reduce unemployment rate
My mother-in-law won’t let my husband get a vasectomy