Mercy Efua Tagoe-Quarcoo has retained her role as head coach of the senior women’s national team, the Black Queens, for another year.
The former Ghanaian International was made the substantive coach of the side in November 2019 after serving as assistant coach for two years.
Mercy Tagoe-Quarcoo is a retired FIFA referee who officiated in the Ghana Premier League, CAF Competitions and FIFA Tournaments – including the 2010 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
Coach Tagoe-Quarcoo became assistant to Mas-Ud Didi Dramani before being elevated to the head coach position following the exit of the former in 2018.
She led Ghana twice to WAFU Zone B glories (Gold in 2018 and Bronze medal in 2019). She previously played for the defunct Supreme Ladies (Tema) and Bluna Ladies before hanging her boots in 2005.
The 43-year old will be assisted by Charles Anokye Frimpong and Nana Sinasen.
Black Queens Technical Team:
- Mercy Efua Tagoe- Quarcoo Head Coach
- Charles Anokye Frimpong – Assistant Coach
- Nana Sinasen – Assistant Coach (Physical Trainer)
- Raymond Fenny – Goalkeepers Coach
- Kate Boachie- Agyemang – Team Doctor
- Margaret Foli – Physiotherapist
- Asinawu Abubakari – Nurse
- Anita Wiredu Minta – Welfare Manager
- Patience Nana A. Quarshie – Equipment Manager
- Tijani Mumuni – Equipment Manager
- NPP MP files urgent question over cost of Mahama’s chartered flights from 2013 to 2016
- ‘That is nonsense’ – Tsatsu Tsikata on burning of excavators
- Chilling details of how suspects killed 12-year-old boy in Nornyikpo for rituals
- Housemistress allegedly injures student through caning
- GPGC judgment debt: I’ve nothing to hide – Kwabena Donkor to Godfred Dame
- Euro 2020: Joy Prime and Adom TV confirm live schedule
- 9 arrested for causing nuisance to motorists at traffic intersections
- Appointment of Receiver of defunct uniBank breach of SDI Act – Court rules
- Police gun down notorious robber who tried to escape from custody
- $170m Judgment Debt: How Parliament’s Committee warned termination of GPGC deal will attract sanctions
Ghana Navy positioning to combat insecurity within Gulf of Guinea
Today’s front pages: Friday, June 25, 2021
Expert calls for active community participation to help eradicate malaria
Toddler found dead after being swept away by flood at Sawaba in Kumasi
Ghana has infrastructure to fully go cashless – GhIPSS boss
Message from the Morning Man: Why do you do it?
Nitiwul dismisses reports of ‘protocol’ enlistments into Ghana Armed Forces
Kofi Nsiah Bonsu: H Kwasi Prempeh was totally wrong; there was no default judgment
Kumasi floods destroy wares at Kejetia market
Farms, water sources destroyed by illegal sand winning at Odumakyi in Ashanti Region
Amnesty International opposes attempts to pass law criminalising LGBTQ+
Third batch of tourists arrive for Beyond The Return initiative
Government erred in judgment to terminate GPGC Power Purchase Agreement – Energy & Associates Ghana
Court sentences herdsman to 4 years in prison, 3 others on the run for kidnapping
2021 Population and Housing Census: What to expect during enumeration