Audio By Carbonatix
The Minority says it will not approve the 2023 budgetary allocation for the Communications Ministry should the Sector Minister not heed calls to slow down on the SIM card re-registration exercise.
The caucus says the Minister, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful will be made to suffer the consequences of her actions.
This is according to the Deputy Ranking on the Communications Committee of Parliament, Samuel Nartey George.

When asked if this does not amount to blackmail, the Ningo-Prampram lawmaker answered in the negative.
The MP says the Minister has refused to listen to reason on the matter. He said her actions were akin to that of a recalcitrant child.

“The Minister can choose to use her administrative powers in a manner that she pleases, but she should not cry foul when we also as members of the Minority choose to use our parliamentary powers to refuse to hear her budget for 2023.
“This is not blackmail because if the Minister is acting irresponsibly and illegally, then this cannot be said to be blackmailing. Since October last year, we tried to talk reason to her, technical people have explained to her why her route is wrong, but she is recalcitrant and when you have a recalcitrant child, you use what the Bible says, the rod of correction,” he said in a JoyNews interview.

Meanwhile, the Minister for Communication and Digitalisation, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful has asked mobile telephony subscribers not to blame their service providers for failure to register their SIM cards.
According to her, a full raft of punitive measures will soon be rolled out against those who fail to register their SIM Cards, using the Ghana Card.
Stressed in a Facebook post on Wednesday, September 7, that, “At a subsequent press conference in September, the full scope of the sanctions will be revealed.
If you suffer that fate as a result of your own inaction, kindly do not blame your service provider. To be forewarned is to be forearmed."
Latest Stories
-
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
5 minutes -
Raúl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and Cuba
22 minutes -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
25 minutes -
US sanctions Tanzanian police official over alleged torture of human rights activists
28 minutes -
Borrowing in April hit highest level since Covid
32 minutes -
NCCE urges students, young people to lead fight against corruption
39 minutes -
AI used to fake evidence that ended Korean actor’s career, say police
39 minutes -
Swiss Armed Forces delegation engages GAF over peacekeeping cooperation at Burma Camp
45 minutes -
Mahama launches $300m World Bank-funded secondary school improvement programme
58 minutes -
Nato chief welcomes US sending 5,000 troops to Poland
60 minutes -
NIA pushes mandatory biometric verification as digital identity reforms expand
1 hour -
Dress properly for visa interviews; it can influence approval – Ghana’s Ambassador to US urges
1 hour -
Mahama unveils plans for second phase of ‘Big Push’ road programme for 2027
1 hour -
President Mahama assures Savannah Region of imminent electrification works
1 hour -
National Service Authority open to strategic partnerships – Ruth Dela Seddoh
1 hour