The Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications (GCT) and the Financial Inclusion Forum Africa (FIF Africa), are organizing the second edition of the Mobile Technology for Development Conference (MT4D) 2021 from April 20 to 21.
The MT4D maiden conference, which was launched in 2020 by Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, brought together stakeholders within the financial, technology, and development sector in Ghana to deliberate, exhibit solutions, and take stock of innovations within the digital financial ecosystem and was a huge success.
This year’s edition would be organized in a virtual environment with the theme `The Rise of Africa: Promoting Africa’s Sustainable Digital Ecosystem’. the Vice President is expected to launch this year’s edition with our key partners being the Bank of Ghana, Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems, and other Regulatory and Governmental Agencies.
Speaking at the media launch, CEO of the Telecoms Chamber Dr Kenneth Ashigbey said “MT4D has come to stay. We are seeking to bring together all stakeholders to chart the course of how to deploy and expand new technologies to bridge the developmental gap.
“Remarkably, the 2021 version is going fully virtual not only to deal with the challenges that COVID-19 presents but more importantly to also take advantage of bringing a lot more people into the discussion and make the second edition a pan African event if not a global one.”
“We are looking forward to working with everyone on this innovative journey and today’s launch marks the start of a countdown to the event date. It is an audacious task ahead of all of us but we are committed to work with you all in making it a huge success” said Dr. Ashigbey.
Dr. William Derban, Chair of FIF Africa said, “The world is changing rapidly, and COVID-19 has hastened the need for Africa to ensure that there is a well-functioning digital ecosystem as more people use digital services. This year, we build on last year’s theme by focusing on how to build a digital ecosystem that works for us. MT4D 21 being virtual, will allow us to bring experts and decision-makers from across the continent and beyond to share ideas and develop solutions and actions for a greater digital future.”
MT4D will target policymakers, regulators, banks, payment system providers, electronic money issuers, development partners, and more. The programme will engage speakers from across the continent to look at the critical factors that will foster a digital ecosystem in Africa that leaves no one behind.
All updates relating to the MT4D Conference will be on the website www.mt4d.org
Patrons are being entreated to go to the website and register in advance to reserve a seat at the conference and to be updated on all plans and activities leading up to the event day.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Group prevails on Energy Commission to lift ban on importation of used electrical appliances
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Is weed okro for one to swallow eight easily? – Family quizzes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Some Ghanaian artistes are egoistic and shortsighted – Jay Foley
- NPA to drag 47 OMCs to court for non-payment of PDM collected
- Ashanti Regional NDC leadership hands over Suame Youth Organiser to Police
- We are still opposed to C.I which makes Ghana Card only source document for voters’ registration – Minority
- Ministerial appointments do not cost as much as people think – Dr. Adomako Kissi
- Visiting green spaces 3-4 times weekly may lower your need for meds, according to new study
- Use legal means to challenge imposition of back-tax – GRA to multinational companies
- Amidatu Kassim: Partnering with men and boys to end FGM – a call to action