Audio By Carbonatix
In a press release issued on Sunday, October 29, and reported by the Saharawi press agency, the Polisario Front claimed responsibility for the attack that took place at 1 a.m. on October 29 in the town of Es-Smara.
As a reminder, a young Moroccan resident in France was killed, but three others were injured. The public prosecutor's office has announced the opening of an investigation.
The Polisario communication also mentions other military operations, which, according to them, affected Mahbes and Farsia.
It also refers to "heavy losses in enemy trenches", without mentioning any civilian casualties. No mention is made of the Moroccan investigation.
An article by EC-Sahraoui, published after the Polisario communiqué, tempers the statement by saying that Saharawi elements caused no civilian casualties, and carried out attacks in the "vast Es-Smara sector".
As previously reported and explained, the attack affected four impact zones in three districts of the town of Es-Smara.
The first published and authenticated photos show traces of shrapnel on residential walls.
The town of Es-Smara is located some forty kilometres from the defensive wall, putting it within range of a certain type of weapon used by the armed militia and consistent with the damage caused.
Latest Stories
-
Dorimon E-Block project nears completion after decade-long stall
4 hours -
GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?
4 hours -
Two injured in stabbing attack at Canada Sikh temple
5 hours -
Modi spent years building his strong image – why is he making Gen Z reels now?
5 hours -
Canada ‘should fight’ as US trade deadline looms, Manitoba premier says
5 hours -
Man Utd agree ÂŁ70m fee for Brighton’s Baleba
5 hours -
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
5 hours -
Receiver fights High Court order to hand over No.1 Oxford Street Hotel to Cheddar’s company
6 hours -
Partey begins new chapter in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab
6 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
6 hours -
One killed in sword attack at Swedish school
6 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
6 hours -
Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots
6 hours -
Heart of the Beast to Practical Magic 2: 10 of the best films to watch this September
7 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
7 hours