Morocco’s health ministry on Monday evening confirmed the country’s first coronavirus case.
The patient is a Moroccan man living in Italy, the Reuters news agency reports, and he is receiving treatment at a hospital in Casablanca.
His health condition is not critical, the ministry is quoted as saying in a statement.
The case was confirmed after tests at the Institut Pasteur-Maroc returned positive, according to the state-owned Maghreb Agency Press.
News of Morocco’s first patient on Monday coincides with similar confirmations in Tunisia and Senegal.
Tunisia’s Health Minister Abdelatif el-Maki told journalists on Monday that their patient was a 40-year-old Tunisian man, who arrived in the country by boat from Italy on 27 February.
In Senegal, Health Minister Abdoulaye Diouf Sarr told a press conference that the patient is a Frenchman who lives in Senegal and flew back from France on 26 February.
The patient reported to a private hospital on 27 February with symptoms including a headache.
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Barker-Vormawor alleges
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Collapsed gold mine kills at least 15 in Guinea
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison
Gunmen kill seven police officers in Nigeria
China rocket debris ‘disintegrates over Indian Ocean’
Playback: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez v Billy Joe Saunders: Mexican wins with eighth-round stoppage
Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Ghana recorded 10,684 newborn jaundice cases in 2020
Takoradi Technical University establishes Cyber-security Centre
Covid-19 remains a threat to national security – Interior Minister
Armed robber nabbed in Tema
Driver arrested for robbery at Gindabor, 5 others on the run in Savannah Region