A woman in South Florida has been reportedly arrested after the bodies of her two young daughters were discovered in a canal.
According to CBS News, 36-year-old Tinessa Hogan was arrested Tuesday night on two counts of first-degree murder.
The bodies of 9-year-old Destiny Hogan and 7-year-old Daysha Hogan were found floating in a canal near Fort Lauderdale on June 22.
Police say last month, residents in the area told investigators that Tinessa Hogan had offered to baptize people in the canal a day prior to the discovery of the girl’s bodies.
Authorities say last month, the family lived near the canal, and that there were no records of child welfare workers responding to the home. Hogan had been named a person of interest since finding the young girls.
According to CBS Miami, investigators had been trying to confirm local tips that Hogan had been seen in the area, acting strangely.
One neighbour said she’d been seen in the water, swimming with a bible in her hand saying she wanted to baptize her.
“It shocked me,” neighbour Lawana Johnson, who discovered one of the girls’ bodies, told CBS News last month. “I froze, then I started to cry.”
Officials say they’re not sure when the bodies ended up in the water, but believe they’d been there for a while prior to being discovered.
- We need a hospital built purposely for MPs – Henry Quartey
- Parliament passes 3 new taxes
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- “Time for Dogboe to strap the title belt” – Patrice Harris
- Leave new national airline to private sector – Expert tells government
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Trump indictment: A simple guide to what it means
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Article 71 must be deleted entirely from the constitution – Inusah Fuseini
- MPs must not be appointed Ministers – Brigitte Dzorgbenuku
- Afriyie-Ankrah chairs UG-SRC’s 65th-anniversary celebration launch
- Prestea ‘galamseyers’ serve notice of a ‘deadly’ demo against mining firm
- Azumah Nelson wishes Isaac Dogboe well ahead of WBO Featherweight bout
- ‘I have never seen any nation built out of angels’ – Barker-Vormawor
- Joy Change-Speakers Series: A constitution of our making – Oliver Barker-Vormawor
- Shamima Muslim: Why not you?
- We cannot be fixated over constitutional longevity – Barker-Vormawor
- We need to advance inclusive politics by proportional representation in government – Pof. Agyeman-Duah
- Joy Speaker Series: – Brigitte Dzogbenuku’s case for constitutional review
- There should be a term limit for EC chair and deputies – Inusah Fuseini
- Raymond Acquah: Fighting corruption in Ghana with AI technology
- EU parliament announces support for ecocide – level crimes
- Russia assumes UN Security Council presidency despite Ukrainian anger