Audio By Carbonatix
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he will contest a charge of improper conduct handed to him by the English Football Association for going onto the pitch and approaching the referee during a Premier League match.
Mourinho says on Friday, “I don’t accept the charge,” without explaining further.
Mourinho was ordered from the touchline after going on to the pitch and protesting the red card issued to Chelsea midfielder Ramires in the final stages of the 1—0 loss to Aston Villa on Saturday. Willian was also dismissed for Chelsea in the match.
The Portuguese coach previously has said that he was one of a number of people to spill onto the pitch from the benches and was only trying to cool tempers.
The FA charged Mourinho on Wednesday.
Latest Stories
-
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaians in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
11 minutes -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
20 minutes -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
33 minutes -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
49 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
1 hour -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
1 hour -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
1 hour -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
1 hour -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
3 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
3 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
3 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
5 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours