The Meridian Port Services (MPS), Tema, has been adjudged the TERMINAL OPERATOR OF THE YEAR at the maiden Ghana Maritime and Shipping Awards held at the La Beach Hotel in Accra.
MPS was awarded for providing world-class Container Handling services which contributes to trade facilitation and Ghana’s total throughput volume at the Port.
Receiving the Award on behalf of MPS, Head of Legal Services for MPS, Mr. Frank Ebo Brown, thanked the Management and Staff of the Company, the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA), the Government of Ghana and all other stakeholders whose contribution and support enabled the company achieve this feat. He also thanked the organizers of the Award for recognizing the contribution of MPS to the Maritime and Shipping Industry.
Mr. Samara, the CEO of MPS, expressed his delight at the honour bestowed on them and reiterated MPS commitment to ensuring that safety and best standards are upheld in its operations.
MPS has sought to always create the opportunities for indigenous participation in its operations. MPS has over the years made massive investments into equipping its human resources with the latest technical knowledge and requisite skills to ensure excellence in port operations. It also runs the latest port technology to ensure efficiency and the best operating standards.
Recognised in the Maritime industry as a leader in port operation services, in September 2015, the Company was also adjudged the Best Performing Container Terminal Operator in West Africa & Central Africa at the African Ports Awards held in Abidjan.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Judiciary must not be seen as bias in setting timelines for cases – Pumpuni Asante
- Seun Kuti opens up on experience in ‘three-person cell’ with 30 inmates
- We use ‘second-hand’ diapers, toilet rolls during menses – Girls admit as Mace supplies free sanitary pads
- Air New Zealand weighing passengers before flying
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58