Audio By Carbonatix
Mobile Telecommunications Network (MTN) on Friday morning, presented a cheque of GHC 50,000.00 to Medeama Sporting clubs as part of their efforts to support the clubs bid to conquer Africa next year in the CAF Confederations Cup.
The short but impressive ceremony was held at the plush corporate Headquarters of the telecommunications giant whose financial outlay led to the resurrection of the tournament after a decade in abeyance.
It will be recalled that organizers of this year’s FA Cup pledged to support the winner participate in the CAF’s second tier tournament due to the huge financial challenges in embarking on the African Adventure.
Nania FC, winners of the event in 2011 failed to even register for the event whiles last year’s winners New Edubiase were booted out in the first round of the competition.
Outgoing CEO Mike Ikpoki was delighted to receive the delegation from Medeama which was led by Vice President Albert Commey and expressed his company’s continuous support for the sport and the competition. He challenged the winners to strive to attain the ultimate when they compete in the CAF Confederations Cup next year.
“Winning the competition this year I am sure was a testament of your hard work and dedication to the competition but that should not be enough. As ambassadors of this competition, I would entreat you to step up your game and go for the ultimate. That I think should be your target and I know it is achievable with the team you have and with the support we as MTN are providing for you.”
Medeama Sporting club defeated favourites Kumasi Asante Kotoko by a lone goal at the Accra Sports Stadium to win this year’s competition and by this result have qualified to take part in the CAF Confederations Cup.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
1 minute -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
10 minutes -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
11 minutes -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
29 minutes -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
33 minutes -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
42 minutes -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
42 minutes -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
57 minutes -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
1 hour -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
2 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
3 hours -
CJ Baffor-Bonnie was part of ‘grand conspiracy to remove Torkornoo – Afenyo-Markin alleges
3 hours -
The GIPA Act: Resetting Ghana’s investment framework
4 hours -
GIPA secures investor leads at Invest Fest 2026
4 hours