The Multimedia Group Limited (MGL) has bagged numerous top recognitions at the just ended 25th Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) Awards.
A total of 14 awards were presented to the Group for its excellence in reporting across various fields for 2019.
This comes at a time when the media organisation is celebrating its 25 years of impactful journalism in the country.
Below is the list of winners from MGL at Saturday evening’s event.
2. Award for Democracy and Peace Building – Samson Lardy Anyenini, JoyNews
3. Sanitation and Hygiene Reporting — Emefa Nancy Dzradosi, JoyNews
4. Exceptional Covid-19 reporting – Irene Emefa Apawu, JoyNews
5. Human Rights reporting – Albert Sore, JoyNews
6. ADB Special Award for Agriculture Reporting – Prince Appiah, JoyNews
7. Photojournalist of the year – David Andoh, Myjoyonline
8. Small and Micro Scale Enterprises – Kwame Anum, Adom FM
9. Health Reporting — Afia Amankwah Tamakloe, Adom FM
10. Sports – Kojo Mensah Abroampeh, Adom TV
11. Disability Reporting (Akan) – Samuel Alfred Amo, Adom FM
12. Transport/Road Safety Reporting – Kojo Mensah Abroampeh, Adom TV
13. Exceptional Covid-19 reporting – Akua Boakyewaa Yiadom, Adom TV
14, Best Child Protection and Participation (Electronic) – Komla Adom, Joy News
Sixty-four journalists in were awarded including special adjudications.
The Awards provides a platform to recognize individuals and companies that play a significant role in the growth and development of the industry.
It identified important functions within the industry that promote growth.
The annual awards cut across Business and Financial Reporting, Feature and Magazine Writing, Broadcast, Environmental Journalism, Global and International Journalism, Online or Multi-Media Journalism and Photojournalism and News Reporting.
The Multimedia Group is the largest independent commercial media and entertainment company in Ghana.
The Group has been a major spur for the growth in the advertising, creative arts and entertainment industries.