Ghanaian musician Nana Akua Amoah, popularly known as Mzbel has been granted bail.
This was confirmed by Musiga President Diana Hopeson in an interview with Joy News’ Israel Laryea on Wednesday.
Mzbel was remanded in prison custody and charged with eight counts including assault on a public officer and obstruction of public officer from performing his duties.
She was alleged to have pounced on a police man who had attempted to reprimand her driver for breaching road traffic regulations.
She was later remanded by a Circuit Court in Accra.
Musiga president Diana Hopeson had early on appealed to the police to temper justice with mercy.
Her appeal appears to have been heard by the court which has now allowed bail.
Mrs Hopeson cannot immediately tell when the musician will return to court to answer the charges brought against her by the police.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- Cardiovascular diseases on the rise in Ghana; access to healthcare still a challenge – Report