The National Disaster Management Organization, NADMO has entreated members of the public to pay heed to weather warnings from the Meteorological Service.
“Let’s pay heed to the weather warnings by the Meteorological Service. These days, meteo is near 100 percent accurate in its prediction,” NADMO Communications Director, George Ayisi, said.
Speaking on JoyNews, he noted that NADMO has identified and classified as critical; nine flood-prone areas within Accra.
They include Sahara, Adabraka, Nanakrom, Ashaley Botwe, Ablekuma, Dansoman, and Weija.
Nonetheless, Mr Ayisi noted that NADMO has created safe havens to evacuate residents from these areas in case there are emergencies.
He indicated that NADMO offices across the country will partner with the assemblies to distill the drains.
“Fortunately, the Ministry of Works and Housing is also doing the dredging of the major Odaw. That is a progressive one for us,” he added.
On Friday, April 8, a one-hour heavy rainfall obstructed the flow of vehicular traffic on the Weija Barrier – West Hills Mall stretch of the Kasoa Highway, Central Business District, Sahara and Odawna, among other areas.
According to official statistics from NADMO, 174 people died, five went missing and 172 got injured across the country from 2014 to 2020.
- NDC’s Joshua Akamba spotted with weapon at Arise Ghana demo
- Man picked up at Arise Ghana demo for possessing firearm
- Photos: Day 2 of Arise Ghana demonstration underway
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- I criticised Mahama and slept soundly – Prof Aning
- UDS graduate ventures into mobile car washing business after years of job dissatisfaction
- Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
- Arise Ghana Demo: Police took my phones – NDC Dep. National Youth Organiser
- Shatta Wale fined ¢2k after pleading guilty to publication of false news
- Shatta Wale pleads guilty to publication of false news
SSNIT to roll out programmes to boost pension contribution
‘Samuel Boadu is one of the best in Africa’ – Goalkeeper Richmond Ayi
Tampico partner Chopbox Online to offer breakfast to over 3,000 SHS students
TUC heightens demand for Cost of Living Allowance
Danny Jordaan re-elected as South Africa FA boss
LPG consumption to fall 20% by December 2022 – LPG Marketers Association
Players need a good environment to adapt – Mas-Ud Didi Dramani on player transition
Police commend Arise Ghana protestors, public and officers
Reserves depletion: Ghana needs IMF support; Fund doesn’t impose restrictions – US Associate Prof.
Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
Masterclass: young entrepreneurs urged to build resilience in business
Seed suppliers decry ₵205m debt owed them under ‘Planting for Food and Jobs’ programme
Volta Division 2 Middle League: Vora SC secures vital 3 points
Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 30, 2022
If we act with integrity, we can combat societal vices and corruption – Rotary International