Former manager of Shatta Wale and the Head of A&R at Zylofon Music, Bullgod, has proposed that a giant statue should be erected in honour of Nana Appiah Mensah.
According to Bullgod, no businessman past or present has made as much impact in the Ghanaian music industry as Nana Appiah Mensah, aka NAM1.
In an interview on Hitz FM’s ‘U Sey Weytin,’ Bullgod praised Nana Appiah Mensah for investing huge sums of money into the creative industry.
“No record label had come like Zylofon. He bought cars, and houses and gave them money. Nana Appiah Mensah deserves a statue in Ghana for what he did for the entertainment space.”
According to the artiste manager, Nana Appiah Mensah had great plans and was keenly working to put Ghana music at the top until the MenzGold saga set in.
“All these numbers these boys are running would have been done way before. Here we are, we had to cut our trees down and let foreign ones grow.”
He added that “Zylofon was responsible for those international plugs… I was head of Zylofon as the CEO of Zylofon Music, there was a deliberate attempt to push every Zylofon act.”
The Zylofon Music record label which signed Shatta Wale, Becca, Joyce Blessing, Stonebwoy, and Kumi Guitar, among others, collapsed when its CEO, Nana Appiah Mensah went down over the Menzgold scandal which rocked the nation back in 2018.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Diana Hamilton settles bills of patients at KATH
- 3 die in motorbike accident at Yaw Bronya, Ashanti Region
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Playback: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand