A commercial court in Sekondi has ordered the sale of a private bungalow belonging to the Kwesimintin constituency chairman of the governing National Democratic Congress (NDC), to settle alleged debt incurred from waakye bought to feed party supporters 2 years ago.
Kwesimintim constituency executives of the NDC are reportedly divided over how to raise money to clear a debt incurred from waakye bought to feed party supporters and polling station agents between 2010 and 2012.
The waakye is said to have been credited in the name of the constituency chairman, Alhaji Alidu Mahama.
It’s unclear what the exact amount is because while some reports put the figure at 4,000 cedis, others say it is 48,000 cedis.
After 2 years of nonpayment the proprietress of the waakye canteen known as ‘ONE IN TOWN' dragged the matter to court, after which the court ordered the sale of the chairman’s private bungalow to defray the debt.
Some executives have suggested proceeds from public toilets in the area be used to pay the debt.
Others also insist that funds are released from the NDC headquarters to pay the debt.
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Corruption has defeated you and your family – Asiedu Nketiah tells Akufo-Addo
- Ada boat disaster: Owner arrested for overloading boat – NADMO
- Appiatse support fund bags GHC62million
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- French Embassy celebrates Francophonie week with a walk in Accra
- It is difficult to point out where the 20 million trees planted under Green Ghana are – Terungwa
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy to feature on Morgan Heritage’s ‘The Homeland’
- ‘Africa can offer support to the ICC’ says Dame at Justice Ministers’ Conference in London
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Tonto steps down, Funke Akindele loses, Desmond Elliot wins – 7 celebrities in Nigeria’s 2023 election
- Rupert Murdoch set to marry for fifth time at 92
- US aid worker and French journalist kidnapped in Niger released
- Bruce Willis’s wife speaks of her grief at his dementia on his 68th birthday