Information reaching Myjoyonline.com indicates that Abdul Nasiru Abass, the ruling NDC parliamentary candidate for Okaikoi North was Saturday afternoon arrested by police in Madina for allegedly defrauding a businessman.
Nasiru Abass is said to have allegedly taken an amount of GH¢20,000 from one Mr Edwin Mawuli Azari but has since failed to refund the money.
He is currently on a GH20,000 police enquiry bail and is expected to report to the Madina District Police on Monday.
The parliamentary candidate was reportedly bailed by an NDC stalwart whose name was given as Alhaji Bawa.
District Commander of the Madina Police, Superintendent Joseph Owusu Bempah confirmed the arrest to Myjoyonline.com when he was contacted on phone on Saturday evening.
Even though Supt. Owusu Bempah was unable to provide further detail, Myjoyonline.com’s sources at the Madina District Police say Mr Nasiru Abass was arrested after he issued several dud cheques to Mawuli Azari.
However, when Myjoyonline.com contacted Mr Nasiru Abass on phone Saturday evening after the confirmation by the police, he vehemently denied ever been arrested.
He said he has been on his campaign tour throughout the day and insisted that he has had nothing to do with the police in the course of his campaign.
“I have not been arrested,” he insisted.
Mr Abass conceded that he has had calls from people about his purported arrest, and blamed what he claimed to be a false report on his detractors.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
GNFS begins investigations into fire outbreak at Kumasi Central Market
Ablekuma South has created an enabling environment for business growth – Dr Vanderpuije
Thousands of people evacuated as wildfires spread across Table Mountain in Cape Town
1 dead, others missing after Santoor flood
Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region