Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia in ushering Ghana into the year 2021, prayed for continuous prosperity and peace among Ghanaians.
Dr Mahamudu Bawumia fellowshipped with congregants of Power Chapel International in the Ashanti Region on New Year’s Eve as he bid farewell to 2020.
Speaking at the service, Dr Bawumia admonished all Ghanaians to remain steadfast in the fight for peace, saying: “Let us continue to pray for the peace of this country. Let us not take it for granted. Let us continue to pray for an even more peaceful 2021.
“We all have the responsibility to ensure that the country, Ghana is made a haven for the collective settlement and not just for a selected few. This is a new year coming, we pray for prosperity.”
Together with Second Lady Samira Bawumia, both state officials robed in white gave thanks to the Almighty God for his protection throughout the year.
The Vice President is confident of a major transformation in all parts of the country during his second term of office and service to the good people of Ghana.
According to him, there is no doubt in his mind that some significant foundation has already been laid for accelerated development.
“We are confident that He who has begun the good works will help us to bring it to a perfect completion,” he noted.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation cards
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Akufo-Addo awards Emirates with Presidential Honour for Distinguished Service in fight against COVID-19
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- NYA lauds District Assembly Common Fund for role in Youth Resource Centres construction
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hint at audit
- I love listening to music more than recording – Kelvyn Boy
- Bring Mohammed Muntaka to book – NDC executives told
- Uganda Anti-Homosexuality bill: Life in prison for saying you’re gay
- Oforikrom Assembly signs MoU with Crops Research Institute to improve vegetable production
- Woman arrested for cooking after reopening of Kejetia Market
- Saudi government provides parcels to Muslims ahead of Ramadan
- African scientists urge governments to invest in appropriate regulatory mechanisms for biotech products
- NDC primaries: We need a people-centered leader in Ketu North – Edem Agbana
- Referee suspended for using spectator’s mobile phone to disallow goal
- NIB arrest some ECG IT personnel over recent prepaid vending challenges
- Vodafone cash and MobileMoney Limited partner to enable merchant interoperability