Tension is building in Accra following the installation of another Ga Chief, Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II.
The rituals began late Friday and were carried through to Sunday, as the elders visited various shrines in Jamestown and its environs to perform rituals to mark the installation of the new King.
Reports monitored by Myjoyonline.com alleged that, Kingmakers of the Ga Paramount Stool including the Dzaasetse, Dr. Nii Tetteh Kwei and Ga Stool father (Ga Seitse) and Nii Tetteh Ashong V have installed Dr. King Tackie Teiko Tsuru II.
JoyNews' Maxwell Agbagbah reports the installation ceremony was done under heavy security to maintain law and order and prevent any attacks from the other faction.
Some residents living in Jamestown are excited about the process to finalise the enstoolment of the new chief.
The Ga chieftaincy institution has been embroiled in many disputes with many cases in court challenging the legitimacy of one of the claimants to the stool, Nii Adama Latse.
Meanwhile, a statement purporting to be from the Office of the Ga Mantse and signed by Nii Yaote Otoga II, the Paramount Stool Dzaasetse maintained that installation of Dr. Kevin Tackie as new Ga Mantse is illegal.
Meanwhile, armed police personnel continue to patrol the streets of Ga Mashie and its environs to ensure the peace in the capital is not compromised.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC wants 15% tariff reduction for power, 12% for water
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt
- E.P. Church honours Bawumia for his religious tolerance
- GHACCO applauds gov't for promoting clean cooking
- KNUST: Teacher unions restore suspended services
- Government accused of distributing expiring fertilizers to farmers