There is an ongoing rescue mission at Agbogba in Accra to remove the body of a woman who reportedly fell into an open manhole in the morning.
The woman, 30, an employee of a restaurant in the area is said to have fallen into the opening after she went to the back of the building to empty a bin.
Confirming the news to Myjoyonline.com Wednesday, mother of the deceased, Mary said the body of her daughter had been in the manhole since fell into it.
A team of police officers and residents in the area are trying to remove the body but she is displeased with the pace of the rescue mission.
My daughter came from Kumasi three weeks ago to work for the eatery joint only to receive a phone call this morning that she had fallen into a manhole, the mother said in an interview.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
She said her daughter could have survived if she had been rescued when she fell into the opening.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019
- GMA demands suspension of drone health service deliveries
- Osei Asante chairs International Cost Engineering Council
- UPSA Vice-Chancellor honoured with CIMG Fellow status
- REGSEC meets Abudu, Andani reps ahead of 2 funerals
- Culinary industry appeals to government to waive taxes
- Ghana not prepared for looming earthquake – Geological service
- Part of Kumasi City Mall ceiling collapses
- Gold-obsessed man wears 13kg of the metal wherever he goes
- A 1,000-year-old road lost to time
- MPs advocate for revival of Maths, Science and Technology scholarship
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Notorious robbery kingpins jailed 176 years
- Cocoa Nti fertilizer certified – Scientist tells court
- Give Me Hope Foundation gears up for its Needy Child Outreach programme