There is an ongoing rescue mission at Agbogba in Accra to remove the body of a woman who reportedly fell into an open manhole in the morning.
The woman, 30, an employee of a restaurant in the area is said to have fallen into the opening after she went to the back of the building to empty a bin.
Confirming the news to Myjoyonline.com Wednesday, mother of the deceased, Mary said the body of her daughter had been in the manhole since fell into it.
A team of police officers and residents in the area are trying to remove the body but she is displeased with the pace of the rescue mission.
My daughter came from Kumasi three weeks ago to work for the eatery joint only to receive a phone call this morning that she had fallen into a manhole, the mother said in an interview.
She said her daughter could have survived if she had been rescued when she fell into the opening.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John's, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge
- Privately trained nurses gear up to re-enact ‘kumiprɛko’ demo
- Today's Front Pages
- No prosecutions since 2006 - Police/military brutalities on journalists...
- UK Embassy introduces self-upload Visa, Immigration application portal
- U.S. Ambassador reinforces commitment to Sustainable Development in NR
- Party security are militias not vigilantes - Abotsi defends Short C’ssion
- Corpses, carcasses in drought-hit Kenya
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- Settle your indebtedness to GBC or face prosecution - PAC
- Samira secures Indian scholarship and free care for special pediatric cases
- UEW Council stands by decision to sack 3 lecturers