One person, a teacher has been confirmed dead in an accident at Odumase Krobo, Saturday morning.
The teacher Kwame Kyei, 40, was on a bus with some 56 students of Mangoase Senior High when the accident occurred.
The students were said to have sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The students and their teacher were heading to Manya Krobo Senior High when the accident occurred.
The school bus with registration no GV 1953-14 is said to have somersaulted and landed in a deep valley after the driver had failed a brake when he was navigating a curve on a hill.
“All the students including the suspect driver and the teacher sustained various degrees of injuries and were rushed to the Atua government and the St. Martin de Porres hospitals for medical attention except the teacher was pronounced dead on arrival at the Atua government hospital,” a statement by the police said.
The body of the deceased teacher has since been deposited in the morgue for preservation and autopsy.
The police have been to the scene to tow the accident vehicle to the station.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ga West Municipal Assembly auctions 4 "arrested" goats for ¢665
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor
- No arrests made in fatal Achimota clashes
- CAMFED echos call for more action against teenage pregnancy
- Catholic Bishop wants to drop holy water out of a helicopter in mass exorcism
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Worldwide displacement tops 70m - UN urges solidarity in response
- ‘Show us this idiot’: Nigerian community wants to meet suspect in missing Taadi girls case
- High court backs NCA’s 45km maximum coverage radius for radio stations