One person, a teacher has been confirmed dead in an accident at Odumase Krobo, Saturday morning.
The teacher Kwame Kyei, 40, was on a bus with some 56 students of Mangoase Senior High when the accident occurred.
The students were said to have sustained varying degrees of injuries.
The students and their teacher were heading to Manya Krobo Senior High when the accident occurred.
The school bus with registration no GV 1953-14 is said to have somersaulted and landed in a deep valley after the driver had failed a brake when he was navigating a curve on a hill.
“All the students including the suspect driver and the teacher sustained various degrees of injuries and were rushed to the Atua government and the St. Martin de Porres hospitals for medical attention except the teacher was pronounced dead on arrival at the Atua government hospital,” a statement by the police said.
The body of the deceased teacher has since been deposited in the morgue for preservation and autopsy.
The police have been to the scene to tow the accident vehicle to the station.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Law enforcement won't stop frequent accidents - Police
- World Bank praises Free SHS, pledges support
- Ewutu Senya West MP donates school block, start-up cash to constituents
- ‘It won’t stop accidents' – Expert downplays NRSC push to be an Authority
- Takoradi: Missing one-year-old boy found
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- General Legal Council blamed for Law School brouhaha
- Man spikes co-workers’ drinks with LSD because they had “negative energy”
- The secret to Danish happiness?
- University of Utah, USA to start MPH degree program in Ghana at Ensign College
- Intelligence reveals transmission line hacking sabotage – Energy Minister
- Transport Minister condemns indiscipline on roads, visits accident victims
- NSMQ: VASEC, Zion College win in Volta qualifiers
- Swedru Municipal guard, others in assault video remanded
- Twifo Herman: 21 Persons critically injured after heavy downpour