The Central Regional Manager of waste management company, Zoomlion, Samuel Edu, is cautioning the public to stop the disposal of used sanitary pads into Zoomlion waste bins in both residential and public places.
According to him, disposal of used sanitary pads into waste containers has become a major source of worry for workers of the company in the region.
A situation he says is posing a serious health threat to workers of the company.
The waste manager made the remark in an interview on Adom News at a programme organised to hand over two waste container evacuation trucks, two community containers and 40 residential waste bins to the newly created Assin North District Assembly to fight the huge sanitation challenges in the area.
Samuel Edu, however, cautioned residents of Assin Breku to desist from disposal of faeces, used pad and other waste materials which are likely to put the health of Zoomlion workers in risk.
However, the Assin North DCE, Charles Ohene Andor, pleaded on the people of Assin North to take advantage of the available waste bins to keep the City clean.
Meanwhile, some residents who spoke to Adom News expressed excitement over the development.
They promised to take advantage of the bins to keep the City clean as demanded by the DCE.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NSMQ2019: Central Region’s best face Upper East’s; who goes home?
- Parliamentary vrs High Court: Ayariga's decision to seek SC clarity gets backing
- From the newsstands: Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- The Nigerian kidnapper who recruits, trains Ghanaians
- Central Region: Health workers get training on how to control mosquito breeding
- MMDCEs, Presiding Members call for recycling plants in regions to create jobs
- GHACEM completes free cement programme; 5,000 deprived communities benefit
- Nigeria probing how gorilla swallowed over $19,000 zoo funds
- This lady hopes to become the first black woman to visit every country in the world
- Ghana-Lebanon Islamic School optimistic of excellent results as 2019 class graduates
- More early grade, childhood teachers needed - Education Minister
- New law to regulate GM foods laid in Parliament for approval
- DOVVSU has no single vehicle - Ashanti regional coordinator decries
- Will a girls' school break NSMQ's 26year jinx?
- Mob attacks Nigerian, accuses him of attempted kidnapping