Mr Isaac Edele Younge, a Graduate student has emerged winner of the KNUST entrepreneurial award instituted by an Alumnus of the university in partnership with the university’s Department of Publishing Studies (DoPS).
Mr Younge was announced the winner of the “K.C. Amese Award” at the DoPS Entrepreneurship Graduation ceremony recently held at the university. Younge is the third KNUST graduate to win the award since its inception in 2017.
The “K.C. Amese Award” was instituted by Mr Kormi Courage Amese, co-founder of Bluevyne Limited, an Accra-based startup printing & publishing company and it is to encourage graduating students to start practical entrepreneurial ventures by themselves.
For his prize, Isaac Younge received a cash prize, a plaque and automatically become a mentee and directly benefit from business networks of the sponsor.
Speaking at the graduation ceremony, Mr Amese indicated his goal is to help build 100 young entrepreneurial businesses in the next ten years.
He assured the gathering that any student or group of students who have started an entrepreneurial venture of their own, done something practical, have a model that is feasible and are willing to take the next step to ensure their dream becomes a reality are eligible to benefit from his wide resources in mentorship and other assistance to start their journey to economic freedom and to further do their bit to support nation-building.
Mr Amese believes strongly that creating a resilient entrepreneurial spirit will avert graduate students from joining the teeming unemployed youth in Ghana.
He urged the graduates to follow their passion and continuously explore new opportunities to make a difference.
More News Headlines
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Tardi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists
- KNUST supports winners of 2019 Presidential Pitch Season II Competition
- Akufo-Addo to open National Conference on AFCFTA Implementation Monday
- Adom FM editor wins Media Personality award at MTN Heroes of Change
- Otumfuo’s Asamponhene killed
- Blame shareholders for job losses in Savings and Loans crash - BoG
- Video: Two street preachers 'fight' in Kumasi
- The Ghana Grand tour: Celebs join UK High Commissioner for final lap
- Science set inventor, 26yrs, wins MTN Heroes of Change Season V
- African youth propose 'workable' solutions to achieving Africa beyond aid