For the third consecutive year, Akwatia-based St. Roses Senior High has been kicked out the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) at the regional qualifiers.
The all-girls school pushed the Tuesday’s contest into a tie-break in the final round after trailing throughout but they failed to finish it off.
H'mount Sinai SHS picked the question ahead of them and won with a tally of 27 to 24.
H'mount Sinai supporters were ecstatic after winning the contest
They would make the trip to University of Ghana in June for the Nationals ahead of the prestigious Roses.
St. Roses will now miss three consecutive tournaments after being eliminated at the prelims in June 2016.
Benkum SHS came second runners-up with 20 points, Yilo Krobo SHS followed with 15 points and Presby SHS, Begoro finished behind with 7 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Father pulls son out of school so he can focus on video games full time
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert