For the third consecutive year, Akwatia-based St. Roses Senior High has been kicked out the National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) at the regional qualifiers.
The all-girls school pushed the Tuesday’s contest into a tie-break in the final round after trailing throughout but they failed to finish it off.
H'mount Sinai SHS picked the question ahead of them and won with a tally of 27 to 24.
H'mount Sinai supporters were ecstatic after winning the contest
They would make the trip to University of Ghana in June for the Nationals ahead of the prestigious Roses.
St. Roses will now miss three consecutive tournaments after being eliminated at the prelims in June 2016.
Benkum SHS came second runners-up with 20 points, Yilo Krobo SHS followed with 15 points and Presby SHS, Begoro finished behind with 7 points.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi floods: One confirmed dead
- Make Tarkwa, Nkroful the Johannesburgs of Africa - Minister tells mining companies
- Chereponi: Renewed clashes claim one life as health workers flee
- CORRECTION: Amidu’s eligibility as Special Prosecutor: A-G ordered to file defence
- Accra floods: Akufo-Addo inspects dredging works
- Western regional minister, DCE dine with Free SHS students
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019