Media communications agency, mediaReach OMD Ghana has won a gold and silver at the just ended Pitcher Awards Creativity Week 2019 for West & Central Africa.
The Pitcher Awards held in Lagos celebrates and recognises best in class work under various categories in the West African region.
mediaReach OMD Ghana work stood out in the Effective Use of Media category, with two executions, Use of Out-of-Home and Use of Radio.
In a statement by the Managing Director, he commended the team led by Safo Mallet and Michael Jacquaye for the strategic thinking in addressable use of Out-of-Home and the innovative execution of Radio keeping client’s business objectives in view, that positively impacted in the results of the campaign.
The creativity week also had the Young Lions Media & Young Pitcher Integrated Competition amongst multiple Media Agencies. The competitions were open to young media professionals representing various Media Agencies.
Teams representing various media agencies this year were given a Media Brief as part of Young Lions Media competition and had little over 24 hours to think, create and submit a communication strategy that answers the Media Brief.
Based on the presentations to the Jury, comprising of senior Media Advertising professionals, the winning campaign and team was chosen based on criteria used for the Cannes Young Lions Media - Global competition.
Rita Oladimeji and Tobi Babalola from mediaReach OMD grabbed the title of Young Lions Media.
With this win, mediaReach OMD will represent Nigeria at Cannes in June 2019 for the Cannes Young Lions Media - Global Competition. By winning the 2019 edition of the competition, mediaReach OMD will be representing Nigeria for the 9th time at Cannes, since 2008.
Tobi Babalola and Rita Oladimeji also won the Young Pitcher Integrated competition and have qualified for Dubai Lynx, which will happen in March 2020
Commenting on the success of mediaReach OMD at the 2019 Creativity week, the Managing Director of mediaReach OMD Ghana, Stephen Onaivi, said, “our global winning culture cascades into our local markets; for us to be able to win Gold and Silver with our Ghana executions shows how far we have come.”
He added “we train our talent on an on-going basis with an in-house weekly Media Academy in Q2 and Q3 every year, including regular webinars with our Global team so that they are abreast of latest developments in the industry, get inspired and raise our game. Additionally, we have many local initiatives through which we encourage our people to produce works that deliver on objectives and help overcome business challenges of our Client.”
The Young Lions Media Global competition to be held at Cannes in June 2019, gives the next generation of industry superstars the chance to prove themselves by creating campaigns during the Festival week, where more than 400 contestants representing various countries around the globe compete in seven categories (namely Media, Digital, Design, Print, Film, Marketers and PR).
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is the World’s biggest celebration of creativity in marketing communications. It is also the greatest opportunity of the year for industry professionals to network and learn about brand communications.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi: Over 200 residents displaced following drainage diversion
- VISMA Foundation donates to Christ Faith Foster Home
- A walk to Europe: Lack of opportunities driving Ghanaians to death: BBC’s Joel Gunter
- Rawlings congratulates Methodist Girls robotics team
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Krobo-Odumase: Police beef up security following violent anti-PDS protest
- Achimota primary school denies student kidnapping claim
- Couple leave newborn baby in taxi on way home from hospital
- 10 ultimate travel experiences in Africa
- Media, security personnel train in civil-military relations
- Accra International Book Festival hosts South African writer on ‘Catch Up!’
- Year of Return: African diaspora & the significance of their return
- Boy shot dead, scores injured as Odumase protest against PDS
- Twellium Industry donates towards Alajo mosque rehabilitation
- Military officers, security experts get Peace Operations training