Media communications agency, mediaReach OMD Ghana has won a gold and silver at the just ended Pitcher Awards Creativity Week 2019 for West & Central Africa.
The Pitcher Awards held in Lagos celebrates and recognises best in class work under various categories in the West African region.
mediaReach OMD Ghana work stood out in the Effective Use of Media category, with two executions, Use of Out-of-Home and Use of Radio.
In a statement by the Managing Director, he commended the team led by Safo Mallet and Michael Jacquaye for the strategic thinking in addressable use of Out-of-Home and the innovative execution of Radio keeping client’s business objectives in view, that positively impacted in the results of the campaign.
The creativity week also had the Young Lions Media & Young Pitcher Integrated Competition amongst multiple Media Agencies. The competitions were open to young media professionals representing various Media Agencies.
Teams representing various media agencies this year were given a Media Brief as part of Young Lions Media competition and had little over 24 hours to think, create and submit a communication strategy that answers the Media Brief.
Based on the presentations to the Jury, comprising of senior Media Advertising professionals, the winning campaign and team was chosen based on criteria used for the Cannes Young Lions Media - Global competition.
Rita Oladimeji and Tobi Babalola from mediaReach OMD grabbed the title of Young Lions Media.
With this win, mediaReach OMD will represent Nigeria at Cannes in June 2019 for the Cannes Young Lions Media - Global Competition. By winning the 2019 edition of the competition, mediaReach OMD will be representing Nigeria for the 9th time at Cannes, since 2008.
Tobi Babalola and Rita Oladimeji also won the Young Pitcher Integrated competition and have qualified for Dubai Lynx, which will happen in March 2020
Commenting on the success of mediaReach OMD at the 2019 Creativity week, the Managing Director of mediaReach OMD Ghana, Stephen Onaivi, said, “our global winning culture cascades into our local markets; for us to be able to win Gold and Silver with our Ghana executions shows how far we have come.”
He added “we train our talent on an on-going basis with an in-house weekly Media Academy in Q2 and Q3 every year, including regular webinars with our Global team so that they are abreast of latest developments in the industry, get inspired and raise our game. Additionally, we have many local initiatives through which we encourage our people to produce works that deliver on objectives and help overcome business challenges of our Client.”
The Young Lions Media Global competition to be held at Cannes in June 2019, gives the next generation of industry superstars the chance to prove themselves by creating campaigns during the Festival week, where more than 400 contestants representing various countries around the globe compete in seven categories (namely Media, Digital, Design, Print, Film, Marketers and PR).
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is the World’s biggest celebration of creativity in marketing communications. It is also the greatest opportunity of the year for industry professionals to network and learn about brand communications.
More News Headlines
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention
- SHS students challenge Parliament's Education C’ttee Chair over 'free textbook' claim
- Update: Menzgold CEO ends presser; observes minute silence for departed clients
- Today at the newsstands
- Porous borders: Customs officials on high alert over suspected Ivorian rebels
- Asamponhene's killing: Close confidant arrested
- Corruption is toxic and prevailing in every sector -Anglican Bishop
- Missing Ta'adi girl’s family hold prayers to mark first anniversary
- Driver, mate jailed 17-years for robbery
- Police suspect contract killing in Otumfuo's Asamponhene murder
- Man with old TV set mask leaving old TV sets on people’s porches
- The top cities overrun by tourists