Audio By Carbonatix
Congratulations are pouring in after Nicki Minaj appeared to announce she's a married woman.
On Monday she posted a clip on her official Instagram account showing hats which read "bride" and "groom" and hats that said "Mr." and "Mrs."
"Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty 10•21•19," the caption read, seemingly sharing her new legal name and the date she made it official with boyfriend Kenneth Petty.
Several celebrity friends, including singer Christina Aguilera and actress La La Anthony, offered their congrats in the comments. Minaj and Petty have reportedly been a couple for less than a year and in June she shared on her Queen Radio show that they had gotten a marriage license. "I think I have what I was striving for, just happiness. It was so hard to get to a happy place," she said. "Now that I'm there, I don't want to compromise that for anyone or anything." People can be forgiven if they are a bit skeptical about the post. Last week Minaj told E! she was working on new music with singer Adele only to backtrack later and say she was just being sarcastic. She also told the network she and Petty are "very close as friends, 'cause we've known each other since we were kids" and talked about her family plans. "I always said that I wanna be married if I have children, so just in case I have a child, then I would be married," she said. CNN has reached out to a rep for Minaj for comment on the marriage announcement.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Power outages are fixable; leadership must prioritise solutions – Kofi Bentil
4 minutes -
I dare Afenyo-Markin to face me – Sammy Gyamfi points to ‘underlying issues’ in GoldBod claims
6 minutes -
Health walk finds pockets of dirty air on some Accra streets
21 minutes -
Ghana must rethink spending priorities amid recurring blackouts – Kofi Bentil
32 minutes -
GoldBod is the best we’ve done with our gold resources yet – Kofi Bentil
49 minutes -
‘I never insulted Afenyo-Markin, he got the response he deserved’ – Sammy Gyamfi
1 hour -
We’ve moved gold purchases to Interbank rate – GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
‘We’re not milking the state like a parasite’ – Sammy Gyamfi defends GoldBod fees
2 hours -
‘You can’t call it losses today after defending it’ – Sammy Gyamfi to NPP on Gold-for-Oil Programme
2 hours -
Unclaimed car? Efua Abban’s experience with shipping a car to Ghana from the United States
2 hours -
GoldBod revenue comes from legally approved fees – Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Ghana cautions Tijjaniya Muslim pilgrims over road travel to Senegal
2 hours -
Mfantsiman old girls rally support for ICT library as school marks 66th Speech Day
2 hours -
We won’t stay silent on deliberate smear campaigns – GoldBod CEO
2 hours -
Ghana’s grid not the strongest – Jinapor admits as gov’t eyes critical power investments
3 hours