The board meeting of the Nigeria Football Federation which sat in Abuja on Thursday, has voted for the immediate dismissal of NFF President Aminu Maigari.
In a communique issued at the end of the meeting, reviewed the situation after the vacation of Court Injunction as well as the resultant lifting of suspension by FIFA, and resolved as follows:
– After thorough and exhaustive deliberations on the uncalled-for secrecy surrounding all financial dealings of the Federation and failure to call meeting of the Executive Committee for the past eight (8) months, during which so many weighty decisions on Nigeria football had been taken by a small cabal within the Board, the Executive Committee passed a vote of no confidence on the NFF President, Alhaji Aminu Maigari.
– In view of the above, the Committee approved the immediate dismissal of Alhaji Aminu Maigari, from the NFF Executive Committee on grounds of financial misappropriation, misapplication and maladministration.
– The Committee resolved to mandate the 1st Vice President, Chief Mike Okeke Umeh as Acting President, to preside over the affairs of the Federation, pending the composition of the new NFF Executive Committee after the elections of Tuesday, 26th August, 2014.
– The Executive Committee commended world football –governing body, FIFA and the Confederation of African Football for its keen interest in the development of Nigeria football and pledged that the country will continue to abide by the dictates of FIFA and CAF Statutes and the FIFA –approved NFF Statutes.
– Executive Committee thanked Nigerians from far and near for their patience and understanding during the crisis period and reiterated that concerted efforts are geared towards the development of football in Nigeria.
The communique was signed by Alhaji Muazu Suleyman.