Audio By Carbonatix
Nigeria have re-instated sacked football federation secretary-general Musa Amadu in a bid to have the country's Fifa ban swiftly reversed.
Fifa banned the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Monday because of governmental interference in the sport.
Last month's decision by the Nigeria Sports Commission to force Amadu to stand down from the NFF did not go down well with Fifa.
Amadu returned to his office on Tuesday in keeping with one of Fifa's demands.
"I can confirm that the secretary-general [Musa Amadu] is back in the office and started working on important football matters straightaway," NFF spokesman Robinson Okosun told BBC Sport.
"[The Fifa ban] is not a good situation because of the uncertainty that surround our teams but everyone is working round the clock to sort things out."
"This has given hope and confidence that things can be sorted out in a matter of days," Okosun added.
Amadu's return is sparking optimism that Fifa might rescind its ban in time for the Super Eagles to tackle Guinea on Sunday.
The World Cup finalists had been due to contest their second 2012 Nations Cup qualifier in Conakry but the timing of this Group B clash is now uncertain.
For Nigerian officials need to address other outstanding issues that resulted in Fifa's indefinite ban.
These include the Sports Ministry's decision to restart the league without relegation from last season, and ongoing court action barring newly-elected members of the NFF from fulfilling their duties.
In its statement on Monday, Fifa said that Nigeria's suspension will 'be maintained until court actions have ceased and the duly-elected NFF Executive Committee is able to work without interference'.
On Wednesday, top government and football officials have been locked in series of meetings in Lagos and the capital Abuja to proffer solutions that will conform to Fifa's demands by the weekend.
Credit: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
1 hour -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
1 hour -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
2 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
2 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
2 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
2 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
2 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
2 hours -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
2 hours -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
2 hours -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
2 hours -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
2 hours -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
2 hours -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
2 hours -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
2 hours