Mr. Kabral Blay-Amihere, Chairman of the National Media Commission (NMC) on Tuesday asked China to step up the training of Ghanaian journalists.
While commending China for supporting the training of journalists with the Ghana News Agency, he said the net could be spread widely.
Mr. Blay-Amihere was speaking at a meeting with Mr Gong Jianzhong, Chinese Ambassador, who paid a courtesy call on officials of the NMC in Accra.
He stressed: “We would be grateful if the Chinese government would support the training of journalists in the country so that they could improve on their skills.”
He said the NMC is an 18- member commission from various bodies such as the Ghana Bar Association, Advertisers Association of Ghana, Private Broadcasters Association and Ahmadiyya Mission.
Mr. Blay-Amihere noted that since 1993, the NMC had worked hard to promote press freedom and called on the public to support the activities of the commission.
Mr. Gong lauded the media for exposing his country’s developmental issues to Ghanaians.
“We thank the Ghanaian media for educating the people of Ghana on what is currently going on in China,” he said.
Mr. Gong pledged China’s continuous assistance to Africa and urged the local media to facilitate the process.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Tema residents to experience 48-hour disruption in water supply
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road