Audio By Carbonatix
Foreign Affairs Minister Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa says no Ghanaian has been killed or injured amid the latest developments in the Middle East, as government intensifies efforts to protect its citizens in the region.
In a Facebook post on Tuesday, March 3, the Minister disclosed that he convened a virtual meeting with Ghana’s Ambassadors and Consuls General in the Middle East to assess the situation and coordinate additional consular interventions.
“This evening, I convened a virtual meeting with our Ambassadors and Consuls General in the Middle East to assess the latest developments and explore additional consular interventions towards the protection of Ghanaians.”

He said Heads of Mission from Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, the UAE, Iran and Turkey participated in the meeting.
“I am glad to report that so far no Ghanaian has been killed or injured,” he stated.
According to the Minister, government has compiled a comprehensive and reliable database of Ghanaians in the affected countries, including those on short visits and individuals in transit.
“We have put together a reliable database of all Ghanaians in these countries, including those who were on short visits and those who were transiting.”
He added that all missions have been directed to identify citizens who may want to leave the region.
“All missions have been tasked to identify Ghanaians within their jurisdictions who wish to be evacuated for the urgent consideration of government.”

Mr Ablakwa further revealed that Ghana’s diplomatic missions are already assisting a number of citizens to exit through strategic border crossings.
“Meanwhile, our diplomatic missions are currently assisting a considerable number of Ghanaians escape across certain strategic border crossings.”
He assured that the safety and welfare of Ghanaians abroad remain government’s top priority.
“The safety and welfare of all Ghanaians remains our utmost priority.”
Latest Stories
-
Nigeria influencer arrested after seizure of cocaine worth $28m destined for the UK
2 minutes -
Gender Minister inspects nutrition training for School Feeding caterers in Northern Region
3 minutes -
GoldBod to fund rehabilitation of six water treatment plants affected by mining
8 minutes -
ORC challenges CSA cybersecurity sanction, says penalty was premature and procedurally unfair
10 minutes -
GoldBod to introduce gold traceability system by end of 2026 – Sammy Gyamfi
17 minutes -
Photos: Eleventh batch of Ghanaian evacuees arrive from South Africa
18 minutes -
GETFund explains mandate as EFPI expands partnerships to support Ghana’s education sector
23 minutes -
US$4.8bn SME financing gap exposes Ghana’s credit challenge — A call for swift implementation of open banking, open finance reforms
26 minutes -
Ghana is open to responsible mining, investment – Minerals Commission
33 minutes -
Driver busted with cocaine at Accra International Airport
34 minutes -
GoldBod to launch digital gold platform for Ghanaians, Africans
40 minutes -
NPP will reinstate Torkornoo when we return to power – Afenyo-Markin hints
42 minutes -
We’ll establish a Gold Village in Accra next year – Sammy Gyamfi
43 minutes -
Many Canadians are boycotting the US, so this is where they’re travelling instead
47 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils new Onga Tomato Mix, names Diana Antwi Hamilton brand ambassador
50 minutes