Audio By Carbonatix
The High Commission of Ghana in South Africa has denied reports that a Ghanaian has been stabbed to death following the outcome of the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) World Cup qualifier between Ghana and South Africa last Sunday.
There was an earlier report a day after the match that, a Ghanaian had been stabbed to death in South Africa after post-match arguments.
Ghana defeated South Africa by a lone goal courtesy of a penalty converted by Andre Ayew.
A statement from the Ghana High Commission in Pretoria said a thorough investigation had been conducted and the outcome suggested that the news was fake.
It added that Ghanaians in South Africa should go about their daily activities without fear.
It said, “They should act with circumspect by avoiding unnecessary arguments as well in areas where sentiments and tensions are high They should contact the mission at any time when they feel their lives are in danger,”.
The South Africa Football Association (SAFA) on Wednesday lodged a protest with FIFA with claims that the match was manipulated.
SAFA also called for a replay of the match.
However, the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has denied the allegations and expressed its readiness to cooperate with FIFA on investigations.
Latest Stories
-
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
17 minutes -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
59 minutes -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
1 hour -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
3 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
4 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
4 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
4 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
5 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
6 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
6 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
6 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
6 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
6 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
7 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
7 hours