The Northern Region has taken delivery of 11,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccines to be administered to residents who are yet to receive their second jab.
Also, the region has received 1,000 doses of the Johnson and Johnson Covid-19 vaccines procured by government.
The Health Directorate has already commenced vaccination in a few districts including the regional capital, Tamale.
According to JoyNews correspondent, Martina Bugri, healthcare workers are those mainly being vaccinated with AstraZeneca.
Also, the administration of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine commenced at the Regional Health Directorate on Tuesday.
According to Public Health Director, Dr Hillariouse Abewu, the exercise has been patronised by a significant number of residents.
“The demand is more than the vaccines we currently have,” he added.
It will be recalled that in April this year, the Regional Health Directorate disposed of Covid-19 vaccines deployed to the region due to their expiration.
But Dr Abewu stated that the situation will be different this time around, adding that most people are coming up for the vaccine.
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- Robbers make away with over ¢100k in alleged bullion van attack
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s fake shooting fiasco arrested
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
- Tiwa Savage reacts to alleged sex tape
- Akufo-Addo’s denial of promise to build harbour in Cape Coast is shocking – Abeiku Adams
- CAGD backtracks on ‘No Ghana Card, No Salary’ directive to public sector workers
- Shatta Wale arrested over hoax shooting incident
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia’s Bahir Dar stadium banned, Walyas could play Black Stars on neutral ground
AWCON Qualifiers: Black Queens aim for fancied Nigeria upset
Salah scores twice as Liverpool beat 10-man Atletico
Messi brace inspires PSG comeback victory over Leipzig
Man City brush aside Club Brugge in emphatic victory
Put Shatta Wale and publisher before court for alleged fake gun attack – ASEPA petitions CID
Two arrested for circulating false information in connection with alleged gunshot attack on Shatta Wale
30 companies and 4 individuals honoured at 2021 Customer’s Choice
Shatta Wale arrested over hoax shooting incident
Playback: PM Express discusses demand for MMDCEs election re-run
KATH Psychiatry Unit launches caregiver support group for children with special needs
MP for Tamale Central reaffirms Minority’s commitment to pass anti-LGBTQI+ bill, Asks Akufo-Addo to make stance clear
NSMQ 2021: St Thomas Aquinas, Mfantsipim, Aggrey Memorial, Bolgatanga SHS and others to contest in prelims
Transgender is a mental health condition – Expert
Shatta Wale could be charged for publication of false information – Justice Abdulai