The number of jobs advertised in selected print and online media, which partially gauges labour demand in the economy, increased in October 2022 relative to what was observed in the corresponding period a year ago.
According to data from the Bank of Ghana, 3,055 job adverts were recorded as compared with 2,734 for the same period in 2021, indicating an increase of 11.7% year-on-year.
On a month-on-month basis, the number of job vacancies in October 2022 went up by 17.0% from the 2,611 jobs advertised in September 2022.
Cumulatively, for the first 10 months of 2022, the total number of advertised jobs declined by 9.5% to 26,595 from 29,380 recorded during the same period in 2021.
Private sector SSNIT contributions decline
Meanwhile, the total number of private sector SSNIT contributors, which partially gauges employment conditions, declined marginally to 881,139 in September 2022.
This is compared with 881,325 for the same period in 2021.
On a month-on-month basis, the total number of private sector SSNIT contributors decreased by 3.8% from the 915,582 individuals recorded in August 2022.
Cumulatively, for the first three quarters of 2022, the total number of private sector contributors increased by 8.5% to 8,411,419 from 7,750,950 recorded over the corresponding period in 2021.
- Full text: Kamala Harris’ speech upon arrival in Accra
- Photos of Kamala Harris visit to Ghana
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- I’m very excited about the future of Africa – Kamala Harris
- I intend to do work that will increase investment in Africa – Kamala Harris
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- What an honour it is to be here in Ghana – Kamala Harris
- Ghana’s reserves improve slightly to $2.62bn; balance of payment remains negative
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- AMA engineer calls for ban on single-use plastics
- NDC flagbearership race: ‘I’ll bring discipline back into finances’ – Mahama says after vetting
- I am coming with a new energy and force – Ho Central Constituency MP aspirant
- Seth Kunkpe: Nigeria’s snail pace to democratic maturity
- German government supports training of returned migrants
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- NDC vs NDC: Do you agree with Leadership or ‘Rebel MPs’?
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- Asante Kotoko mutually part ways with Seydou Zerbo
- The I in the Collective!
- It hurts but we’ll work harder – Eno Barony on losing out on VGMA nominations
- Playback: Kamala Harris meets Akufo-Addo
- I pray NDC MPs who voted for ministerial nominees are found and publicly shamed – Dr Apaak