Oko Nikoi Djanie has been elected President of the Ghana Hockey Association (GHA) for a four-year term of office.
The elected officer who has chaired the hockey governing body for over a decade was elected unopposed at the Association’s first ever Congress held on Friday, May 21, at the National Hockey Stadium in Accra.
The Congress which attracted stakeholders across the country was in line with requirements of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) regarding sports associations.
Eleven out of the 14 organs within the Association attended the session which also saw the adoption of a constitution for the Association.
Richard Akpokavie was also elected unopposed as Vice President with Elizabeth King going for the Treasurer position.
The two slots onto the Executive Board were contested for by Esinam Lotsu, Agatha Hagan and Nii Quaye Kumah.
Kumah and Hagan cruised on after polling nine and seven votes respectively against six by Lotsu.
The 11-member Executive Board was sworn into office by Chief Executive Officer of the National Sports Council, Mr Worlanyo Agrah.
The Executives are Oko Nikoi Djanie – President, Richard Akpokavie – Vice President, Vivian Dougblor – Secretary General, Elizabeth King – Honorary Treasurer, Bernard A. Annan (Ghana Education Service), Dr Abdulai Salifu (Northern Region), Amoo Gottfried (Ashanti Region), Frank Awuku (Greater Accra), Angelina Ocran (Security Services Sports Association), Agatha Hagan (Member) and Nii Quaye Kumah (Member).
Nikoi Djanie in his acceptance speech pledged commitment to the development of hockey across the country.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize