Family of slain Mfantseman MP held a one-week memorial service for the late MP on Thursday, October 16.
Ekow Quansah Hayford met his untimely death while returning from a campaign trip.
He was allegedly shot by highway robbers who are currently at large.
The family is holding the memorial service for the MP at the Mankessim school park.
Present at the event were government dignitaries as well as stalwarts of the ruling New Patriotic Party including National Organiser for the party, Sammy Awuku, General Secretary for the party John Boadu and Trade Minister Alan K. Kyeremanteng.
Vice President of the Republic Dr Mahamudu Bawumia was also present at the event.
Also in attendance were family members including the wife of the MP Ophelia Hayford and children, as well as mother of the slain MP.
Assin Fosu MP, Kennedy Agyapong was also spotted at the event.
A funeral has been scheduled for November 28, 2020.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming
Libya: Gunmen storm hotel used as Presidential Council HQ
Covid-19: Roll-out for second doses to begin May 19
Over 130 injured as Palestinian worshippers clash with Israeli police at Al-Aqsa mosque
Stephen Bernard Donkor: Politicians must fix their attitudes
Pensioner in BBC Africa Eye film dies without pension
Christ Embassy Church members plead not guilty to breaching restrictions on public gathering
Livestream: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
WHO approves Chinese Covid vaccine
Ghana to become hub of pharmaceutical production in SSA; sales forecast to hit GH¢2.86bn
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West