The Osu Traditional Council has issued an ultimatum for the ex-president J.A. Kufuor to vacate his newly acquired office complex.
The move appears to be in consonance with earlier threats of picketing by the Ga-Dangme Youth for the ex-president to vacate the premises.
Spokesperson of the group Abraham Adjetey said they are bent on making life uncomfortable for the ex-president if he flouts their order of eviction.
He told Joy News on Monday Mr. Kufuor treated the council with disrespect during his reign and turned deaf ears to the council’s grievances.
According to Mr. Adjetey, the ex-president failed to give approval for a bungalow to be used by the Council as a secretarial office, stressing the ex-president has acquired the premises illegally.
He said the office in question is the property of the Osu Traditional Council.
Mr. Adjetey further argued the office of the ex-president situated at Ridge will create problems for the sitting president John Evans Atta Mills.
He vehemently dismissed claims that their actions were politically motivated.
In a rebuttal, Mr. Arnold Boateng spokesperson for the Alliance for Accountable Governance said the demand by the Ga Traditional Council is “shameless and ridiculous.”
He stressed the ex-president acquired the office complex on the express permission of President Mills and advised the aggrieved persons to channel their grievances to the sitting president.
He cautioned the demands by the traditional council could destabilize the peaceful co-existence of the different ethnic groups in the country.
Story by Nathan Gadugah
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- I don’t know Hearts of Oak, Kotoko is the biggest club in Ghana – Fabio Gama
131 youths in Asutifi North trained in livelihood empowerment skills
Why Tina Turner belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Enimil Ashon: Wikipedia’s insult of the black race
Shani Cooper-Zubida: Earth Day 2021 – An unprecedented opportunity to restore our Earth
Kwasi Appiah unilaterally stripped Gyan off Black Stars captaincy; it led to worse AFCON performance – Tanko
Police commence investigations into alleged suicide of Queen of Peace JHS headmaster
Sompahemaa Foundation donates items worth ₵50k to artisans in Suame
CDD Ghana conducts School Performance Appraisal Meetings in Kadjebi improve quality of teaching and learning
Nyantakyi never interfered in player call-ups; leave Akonnor alone – George Afriyie tells Kurt Okraku
3 brothers, 3 Olympic berths and 9 medals – Story of the Samir family
National Best Farmer calls for introduction of agricultural ambassadors
‘We’ll invoke Alien Compliance Order to free our nation from aliens’ – Angry judge cautions Fulani man
Nana Adwoa Baafi: Navigating obstacles around progressive portrayal of women in arts
Sad state of Ghana’s only Abedi Pele monument
Over 600 persons to undergo eye surgery at Keta Municipality