Audio By Carbonatix
Flynas aircraft is scheduled to fly the first 433-batch of Ghanaian pilgrims from Tamale to Saudi Arabia to perform this year’s Hajj on Friday, June 9.
Over 2,000 pilgrims are expected to be lifted this year in Tamale on 6 different flights latest by June 15 to perform the month-long spiritual purification in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
Hajj is a mandatory religious duty for Muslims that must be carried out at least once in their lifetime by all adult Muslims who are physically and financially capable of undertaking the journey.
A communication team member of the Hajj Board, Alhaji Salim Bamba speaking to the Ghana News Agency in Kumasi, said all was set for Ghanaian pilgrims to be airlifted to Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj.
He said necessary arrangements had been made by the advance team of the Ghana Hajj Board committee to ensure that Ghanaian pilgrims were safe.
According to him, the Hajj Board medical team was expected to set up clinics in all hotels where Ghanaian pilgrims were going to be accommodated to address all medical issues concerning their well-being.
He hinted that all arrangements for hotel accommodation were carefully chosen in Madina, Makkah, Mina, and Arafat to ensure that pilgrims did not suffer due to long distance.
Alhaji Bamba the Ghana Hajj Board Education (Da'wa) Committee would be in Saudi Arabia to educate and guide pilgrims throughout the Hajj activities.
The first flight from Kotoka International Airport is also expected to take off on June 17.
Alhaji Ben Abdallah Banda, Board Chairman of the Ghana Hajj Board is expected to be in Tamale to bid farewell to the first batch of the pilgrims.
Latest Stories
-
GPSCP II and TCDA partner to boost regulation and investment in tree crops sector
4 minutes -
Ghana, Ethiopia business ties ripe for expansion – GIPC
15 minutes -
Ghana-Russia Center signs landmark cooperation agreements at KazanForum 2026
26 minutes -
Sankofa Gold Mine, Guangzhou Hozdo partnership signals revival push as Ghana’s Western mining sector heats up
29 minutes -
From Snapchat Stories to Snapchat Headquarters: Chef Abbys is taking Ghana to the world one plate at a time
44 minutes -
Photos: Vice President commissions 100 new Metro Mass Transit buses
51 minutes -
GNFS rescues seven trapped in crash at Peki-Tsiame
56 minutes -
GNFS rescues trapped driver after cargo truck overturns at Fante New Town
1 hour -
Photos from JoyNews National Dialogue on youth and climate change
1 hour -
Woman accused of threatening President Mahama granted GH¢1 million bail
1 hour -
One dead, 4 injured in articulated truck collision at Assin Nsuta
2 hours -
To Nationalise or Transform? Joy Business Hosts Roundtable on Ghana’s Extractive Future
2 hours -
NACOC partners UPSA-RCC to train enumerators for baseline study on substance use among youth
2 hours -
Kay Codjoe Writes: The dangerous romance between inciteful extremism and “free speech”
2 hours -
From Ghana to Canada: The rising influence of Ghanaian scholars opening global doors for students
2 hours