A not-for-profit organization, Pencils of Promise (PoP), has commissioned its 18th classroom block in the Adaklu District of the Volta Region, within a spate of 6 years.
The organization, led by its Country Director, Freeman Gobah, handed over a 3-unit classroom block to the Adaklu Anfoe community at a short ceremony attended by residents gathered to celebrate the feat.
The 3-classroom block is furnished with ceiling fans and furniture, with provision for water storage.
Pencils of Promise also provided sanitary facilities to enhance hygiene in the school.
The classroom block would augment the infrastructure of the Kindergarten department of the Adaklu Anfoe E.P Basic School, and provide a conducive environment for academic activities.
Mr. Freeman Gobah, implored the locals to be concerned with the development of their children and community.
He urged parents to guide their children in picking professionals and ensure they nurture them to achieve their ambitions.
Mr. Gobah indicated that his outfit would continue its interventions by providing educational infrastructure if community members would play their role of providing labor, while PoP covers 80% of the construction cost, with the MP and Assembly covering the remaining 20%.
The Member of Parliament for Adaklu, Kwame Agbodza, lauded PoP on its efforts to harness development in his constituency and urged the pupils to look beyond becoming politicians in the future.
He acknowledged the role of politicians in the country but detailed that teachers, nurses, and other professionals play important roles in the health, agriculture sectors, socio-economic and human resource development of the country.
The Chief of Adaklu Anfoe, Togbe Agbobada, appealed to Pencils of Promise to continue its charity works in the district, promising communal support.
He applauded the service and determination of Mr. Gobah in leading PoP to construct over 200 educational infrastructures in the Volta and Eastern Regions within the 10 years of its operations in Ghana.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- AfDB appoints Richard Kwaku Ofori-Mante Acting Director of Agricultural Finance and Rural Development
- Education Minister cuts sod for TVET facility at Manso Nkwanta
- Chief, Pastor held over murder of student nurse in Mankessim face fresh charges
- Ghana Health Service launches mass drug administration
- Zambia’s state house clarifies row over handbags
- Latif Abubakar, Spanish Embassy thrills audience, makes history
- Boy who struggled to eat or speak due to tumour receives transformational surgery in Senegal
- Be the change you wish to see – Director-General of Webster University charges graduates
- Unilever’s Nana Yaa Owusu-Ansah wins Ultimate Woman of the Year at FMCG Awards
- Allegiance could mean a lot of things aside from citizenship – Prof Asare
- ‘We look forward to achieving our goals’ – Tariq Lamptey on playing for Black Stars
- World Hunger Day: Government urged to encourage science, technology and innovation in agriculture
- Help end violence against alleged witches – Gender Minister appeals to chiefs
- The African Institute for Professional Excellence donates laptops to KNUST College of Health Sciences
- Mr Eazi to go bullish on tech investment as he visits Estonia